FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Ford Fusion SEL
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m really new here and don’t know where to put this thread, but I’m in search of some after market tail lights for my 2008 Ford Fusion. I can’t seem to find any that don’t look exactly like the stock one. I’m hoping to get away from the chrome look. If anyone has any ideas that would be amazing. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
5,789 Posts
I’m really new here and don’t know where to put this thread, but I’m in search of some after market tail lights for my 2008 Ford Fusion. I can’t seem to find any that don’t look exactly like the stock one. I’m hoping to get away from the chrome look. If anyone has any ideas that would be amazing. Thanks!!
Hi Lewiswa. Unfortunately, participation here on the Ford Fusion Club has declined quite a bit on the last few years. so replies may be few. It's a shame, because we had a great group on members.

Concerning your question: Accessories such as custom tail lights are hard to come by now. Those first generation models are now a minimum of 10 years old, so most aftermarket manufacturers are no longer producing parts for them, and old stock is low or non-existent.

If you can not find anything online, you should try your local speed shops to see if they can get anything from their suppliers.

What many owners did in the past was disassemble the tail light and spray the chrome. However, I would think twice before doing that, since 12 year old plastics are not usually very forgiving of pulling, prying and stress. So before doing that, I would be sure you can get a new taillight, in case you break your old one. Or experiment on the new one.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts