FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts?

I was kicking around the thought of having one put in. From research that I have completed in the past I found that the type that slides above the roof is much cheaper then the type that slides into the roof.

Most of the cars that I have had in the past have had moonroofs and I would use them year round. Now I am bent since my wife's Jetta has one and I don't.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I was thinking the same thing actually! I would like to do it. I had one put into my 99 Mustang way back when, and wish to do the same thing here.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was it the one that slides above the roof or into the roof?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had one installed as a dealer option. (I know, I know, probably will pay more for it in the end, but at least I could roll it into the financing).

It's an internal sliding moonroof that also has a tilt-up venting feature. There's also a safety feature that automatically closes the sunroof when the ignition is turned off. It can be overridden if you don't want it to close. I'd have to go home and check out the literature for a brand name and model, as I don't recall off the top of my head. It's a pretty nice unit and the only complaint I might have is that the controls for it, while small and uninvasive, look a bit out of place in the headliner. If I had the chance to do it over again I'd mount them somewhere in the center console or dash.

·
Registered
476 Posts
A good freind of mine owns a shop that installs after market sunroofs. Most of their work is for dealerships. He has done them an about a dozen milans so far for local dealers and they all look great. The switch will most likely be different than the stock sunroof switch but wont look bad. I dont think the over the roof kits are available for our cars. He does all his in roof.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I do it I think that I would go with the slide-in type. From what I can find, the above the roof type has the motor in the front and that conflicts with the map lights.

The best price that I found so far from a decent place was $1200.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
It would slide over the roof. The way it was shaped it was the only way it would go on. I want one pretty bad tho!

·
Registered
18 Posts
[quote author=captainhook link=topic=81217.msg1515626#msg1515626 date=1182804142]
If I do it I think that I would go with the slide-in type. From what I can find, the above the roof type has the motor in the front and that conflicts with the map lights.

The best price that I found so far from a decent place was $1200.
[/quote]

A ford dealer about 30 min away from me will install a power moonroof for $900. I could'nt believe him and I kept telling him if he was sure and he said yes. He gave me his word, so I'm going to go see him on friday. He also said that they have done alot of power moonroofs for alot of ford customers. I even couldn't get him off the phone, he kept telling me about how great the place was and the years of experiance they have. I will keep you guys posted to see if is really true or not.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I want a moon roof also. I called my dealership asking if they performed the moon roof install and they said no. Maybe I could do it with a jig saw, sander, and Gorilla Glue. :lol:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took care of the moonroof thing :lol:

·
Registered
297 Posts
and by the looks of it .....A/C as well. :lol:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=mxj0048 link=topic=81217.msg1583415#msg1583415 date=1185333779]
I had an aftermarket moonroof in a previous vehicle. After many years there is upkeep that you have to keep up with, Tightening bolts and making sure its lubed. Check out the following site:
http://www.webastoshowroom.com/ford_fusion_735_2006.html

Webasto Sunroof Showroom

http://Webasto Sunroof Showroom

2006 Ford Fusion
With Hollandia 735 Power Inbuilt Sunroof

[/quote]

I am pretty sure that webasto makes the current moon roof. I know they are the makers of my wifes 01 cougar.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=captainhook link=topic=81217.msg1535178#msg1535178 date=1183489441]
I took care of the moonroof thing :lol:

[/quote]

Looks good... I am looking for that same kind of moon roof. I just can't make up my mind. gsxr600

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

[/quote]

Looks good... I am looking for that same kind of moon roof. I just can't make up my mind. gsxr600
[/quote]

Me too, but I want any Yamaha 1100.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, it been fun but I am already looking for something bigger. 535cc's is not enough anymore.

Hopefully in the spring I will get something bigger, at least 1000cc's of more.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is badass right there. The paint looks great.

Spring came a little early for me.... The virago is gone and has been replaced by an 07 Boulevard C50 Black.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.