FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i'm helping my mom look for a new car. She currently has a cadillac CTS her lease is up soon. This time around i'm looking for something with AWD for her. So far what i've been considering, Infinity G35x, BMW 330xi, and Buick Lucerne. We both hate the look of the mkz.

However, I forgot about the fusion now with AWD... we both like the look of the car; loaded it is still cheaper than the alternatives. The power is lacking, I care, but my mother doesnt so thats what counts.

Anyways, what are the aftermarket alternatives to the hideous tailights on the fusions. Even just standard red would do (would ford500 tailights fit? look similar size). Any companies making aftermarket tail lights for these things? It might be a sell if I know I can get another set of tail lights for a couple hundred bucks.

Thanks for the help. 8)

·
Registered
148 Posts
there is no aftermarket lights, some ppl paint over the chrome, but also a mercury milian is AWD and has the classic looking lights that your asking about

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I am not sure if you have driven one yet but I find no lack of power in the 3.0.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Audi has a lease on the A4- $1000 down $379 a month. Nothing Ford has can touch it. My parents looked into a 500 and it was $1500 down and $550 a month...and that was off of invoice!

·
Registered
476 Posts
[quote author=Showtime link=topic=65171.msg1118418#msg1118418 date=1166895164]
Audi has a lease on the A4- $1000 down $379 a month. Nothing Ford has can touch it. My parents looked into a 500 and it was $1500 down and $550 a month...and that was off of invoice!
[/quote]

i BOUGHT my SEL V6 and pay $369.80 per month with $0 down and $1600 negetive equity on my B-3000 and pay $379 a month... the only option i dont have is the sunroof...

then again i had x-plan and i qualified for 0% for 72 months (the only requirment for that is you had to have a pulse... and i have one)  lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=65171.msg1118303#msg1118303 date=1166879887]
I am not sure if you have driven one yet but I find no lack of power in the 3.0.
[/quote]

I guess it depends what you're used to driving. The G35 was the only one we have driven that seemed sufficient for me. It really doesnt matter though, she doesnt really care.

Any word on if MRT is coming out with their aftermarket parts when they made their SEMA Fusion? Those tail lights are amazing compared to the stockers.

Also the $369 a month is great with no money down. I think the current payments on her LEASE for the CTS is $360 a month with 4k down or something I cant remember exactly. What exactly is the X plan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=65171.msg1118303#msg1118303 date=1166879887]
[/quote]

Hey... i just took a look at your car in the link. She is getting a white car this time around so it helped; did you chrome out your tail lights? How exactly did you do that, it is definatly an improvement over the white.

Edit: Hmm... maybe they are stock, i've seen lots of fusions driving around but yours looked different for some reason. I dunno if the white pulls out the difference or what.

·
Registered
148 Posts
so whats wrong with milans if u hate fusions taillights? just curious why u didnt respond to that idea, and the mrt is just smoked taillights get tint and u can do it to a fusion

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=czwalga00gt link=topic=65171.msg1118675#msg1118675 date=1166916947]
[/quote]

Hey... i just took a look at your car in the link. She is getting a white car this time around so it helped; did you chrome out your tail lights? How exactly did you do that, it is definatly an improvement over the white.

Edit: Hmm... maybe they are stock, i've seen lots of fusions driving around but yours looked different for some reason. I dunno if the white pulls out the difference or what.

[/quote]

Must be the angle of the camera! My tail lights are stock. As far as mine being different... the only outside mod I have done is the 3dcarbon spoiler. :klavergreg:

Is it different in a good way?

·
Registered
476 Posts
[quote author=czwalga00gt link=topic=65171.msg1118670#msg1118670 date=1166916679]
[/quote]

I guess it depends what you're used to driving. The G35 was the only one we have driven that seemed sufficient for me. It really doesnt matter though, she doesnt really care.

Any word on if MRT is coming out with their aftermarket parts when they made their SEMA Fusion? Those tail lights are amazing compared to the stockers.

Also the $369 a month is great with no money down. I think the current payments on her LEASE for the CTS is $360 a month with 4k down or something I cant remember exactly. What exactly is the X plan.
[/quote]

X-plan is a discount pricing i get for working for the company I work for. Many large companies have discount agreements with Ford, GM, and DCX. X-plan, i believe is the biggest discount you can get without working for Ford.

If you got the same deal I did your payments would probably be bigger becasue I did mine when Ford was offering 0% and I did mine for 72 months because I plan to have this car for a long time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=65171.msg1119055#msg1119055 date=1166967163]
[quote author=czwalga00gt link=topic=65171.msg1118675#msg1118675 date=1166916947]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Must be the angle of the camera! My tail lights are stock. As far as mine being different... the only outside mod I have done is the 3dcarbon spoiler. :klavergreg:

Is it different in a good way?
[/quote]

Yep, different in a good way. I'm not sure if its the color of the car or just the picture/angle. It looks better than all the others i've seen. Could be the fact I dont remember seeing a white one in person.

Ceiph... i've looked at the milans. From the rear I do like the car better, but as far as the rest, it just doesnt do it for me. Its by no means a bad car; but if you're gonna pay whatever amount for a car, you want to really like it... not just think its ok.

Does anyone sell tints outright for the fusion? I have tinted tail lights on my mustang and they were made specifically for them, or do you actually have to take it somewhere and have it be a custom job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts