FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg:

Man I almost took the day off of work it was so nice driving around town :)

I have only had it one day but I am amazed at the great handling and although I am still not even thinking about giving it the gas with 50 kilometers on it lol, It feels like it has lot's to give for a 4.

I will post some pics tommorow when I get a chance I want to take pics after every mod no matter how big or small ;)

I do have a couple questions first I got the free sat radio but all the mature content channels are blocked wtf is there some way to change this????

Second I was looking through Steeda web site and didn't see a SCT tuner for the 2.3l do they exist?

Well I can't wait for this night to be over and I have all day tommorow to drive drive drive :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Looks great, but why in the world would you not have bought it in Michigan when you live in Windsor! A few hours work for $1000s in savings.

G

·
The tuner is so worth it!

OH, and my car looked exactly like yours the day I brought it home from the dealership. Of course now I have a spoiler and the chrome bezel fog lights.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I will call sirus , I am getting the tuner trying to talk the wife into making it my christmas present :)

You can not buy a car in Michigan and bring it to canada there is a couple who are suing michigan dealer right now for it.

There is no law or anything but the dealers all refuse to sell or lease to canadians its crazy. I actually tried to get a milan because they are not sold in canada therefore it would have been duty free as well as cheap as heck but no mas they will not sell them to us canucks

·
Registered
619 Posts
[quote author=08-con-fusion link=topic=93158.msg1820940#msg1820940 date=1193792627]
You can not buy a car in Michigan and bring it to canada there is a couple who are suing michigan dealer right now for it.

There is no law or anything but the dealers all refuse to sell or lease to canadians its crazy. I actually tried to get a milan because they are not sold in canada therefore it would have been duty free as well as cheap as heck but no mas they will not sell them to us canucks

[/quote]

I'd heard rumours about that but never had it confirmed. I bought my wife a 2007 Mariner last November in Michigan, but I was in the process of moving from Michigan to Windsor so I could give them a US address. But I imported the Mariner only paying about $1000 in GST and $300 in fees. Still saved about $2000 over a similar Escape in Canada, and that was last year when the dollar was 20% lower than it is now!
Neither a Milan nor Fusion would have duty, but you'd have to pay GST on either. Not being sold in Canada means nothing, the only thing important is where it's made and if it can meet Canadian standards, which all current Mercury's can.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh I thought there was somthing about if it was available here you could not get it there and bring it back. I know that I could not have used my A plan over there as I am a Ford employee but my mother and brother in law are both american and they will not let them use my A plan even though they qualify. Also I have as an employee a $2000 bonus for buying a new car in the life of our current contract (C.A.W.) recived a $1000 delivery waiver and $1000 off my insurance I am not sure if I could have used any of this in the U.S.

It ended up with all the discounts A plan and incentives comming in between 18000 and 19000 for the car I am ok with that :)

don't want to get too gready lol

hey I noticed you said you live in windsor so do I who do you have work on your car and do you have any mods yet ????

I am really new at the whole modifying thing but see myself really getting into it with this car. I have only had it for 3 days but really really enjoy it took a ride to leamington yesterday to watch my boy play football and the ride was awsome. SO little effort and such a comphy ride.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congratulations on the new car Confusion!

Happy driving

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=Fusion4u link=topic=93158.msg1824938#msg1824938 date=1193934027]
Congratulations on the new car Confusion!

Happy driving
[/quote]
Thanks man I am loving it so far lol my wife isn't though I work full time and go to school full time right now so at midnight when I get out of work I been gooing for a ride lol have to quit for a while she is getting a little testy lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts