FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read what everone says about keeping the stock HU and im going to. ive read the posts and now i can find it about using loc's and where to locate them. I DO NOT want to put the loc(s) behind the HU rather in the trunk or some where inside the cabin if anyone can link or explain for me would love you long time.

-J

·
Registered
359 Posts
so instead of running RCA's from behind the HU to the trunk your going to run speaker wire spliced from behind the HU or spliced from the door panels. You are just running extra wire.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no im sorry for not being thorough enough i ment i dont wanna put the "LOC" behind the HU. i just dont wanna take the dash apart to get to it. Is there wiring in the back or can i splice in near b pillar and locate the LOC there?

its a 07 milan

·
Registered
359 Posts
yeah i know... you have to splic wire into somewhere so your 2 options are behind the HU or somewhere before the door panel (pillars). The LOC might not fit in the pillar, either way you still have to run wires to the trunk from pillar or behind the HU.

G

·
Maybe you will like my place where I stuck mine.

Mine is underneath the fold-down seats in the rear. Underneath all the stuff their.

Its convienant, easy to get to, and I never have to see it!

·
Registered
359 Posts
yup... either or isnt wrong or right... it just depends what you want to run. if the LOC is behind the HU you run RCAs to the trunck... If the LOC is in the trunk then you run speaker wires from the pillers or from behind the HU.

Now... what is also important is where your fader is set at. If you like to have more fronts than rears (fader is set towards the front), and you run splice your LOC off your rears, your not getting the performance you should (because your fader is set to your fronts and not giving enough levels).

Honestly, if you are going to splice into your fronts, you might as well just put the LOC behind your HU.

If you dont mess with your fader settings and have everything equal, than you can splice into you rears and place your LOC into the trunk and have no problems. Just remember if you splice into the rears... than as soon as you put you fader towards the front, your losing performance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
This is only for adding a sub and not amplifying speakers.

you have 3 options for the location of the LOC:

1- If you have audiophile: just tap the rear 6x9s wires and hook the LOC to it. This should be 15-30 min job. (easiest but needs audiophile.)

2- Remove one rear door panel (it is easy to remove; just 3 screws and clipses. You should remove it in less than 1/2 hour.) Only one door panel is needed. 1 signal is enough. Bass is mono not stereo. Tap speaker wire; run speaker wires back to trunk and then to LOC. this should take less than 1 hour. (easiest way w/o audiophile.)

3- Remove the dash and place LOC behind HU and run RCAs to the back. This can be difficult. It takes around 1.5-2.5 hours. It is better to let a pro do it.

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Option 2 is pretty much on the lines of what i was trying/thinking of doing. wanted to confirm it can be done that way. As im pretty happy with factory system i dont need/have to do much. thanx guys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
actually the rockford amps i have have the inline bass boost controll. so ill just split that and be able to control the powered "umphf" back there. again thanx for the help fellas.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I agree with what Ryman says.

However, there will be PLENTY of room to put the LOC behind the HU.

I've got a huge ass bluetooth controller box that is behind my stock HU and I have no problems with it at all. For lack of better word, there is a horizontal bar that runs just on top of the HU - and there's just enough space to zip tie a LOC to it. You should be able to put it there.

However, since I have my bluetooth there, I've actually got mine in the space that Ryman says he's got his.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just put my loc in and all i have to say about the install is GOD DMAN do they ever secure the kick panels down tight. i had to pop em off with a screw ddriver before i almost tore my finger tips off. i mad eup a 1 in 2 out splitter outta some terminal blocks and made small extensions for the wire i cut. mounted the terminal right behind the seatbelt inside the b pillar came out smoothe now just to run amp power wire and im done with that. for now aways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts