FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add XM satellite radio to my 2006 Fusion SEL. After doing some research it appears the PIE FRD04-AUX Auxiliary Input Adapator is what is needed to feed the satellite receiver siginal into the 6 CD premium factory system. Has anyone actually done this?  If so can you tell me the procedure. I'd like to find out how the trim bezel comes off, i'd like to get it off without breaking it. Also how the radio comes out, are any special tools required?

Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
I actually was investigating how to get the trim off too. So far I have found that if you pull from the top, just below the HVAC ducts, it will come off. The brezel get hung up at the bottom, which I did not pull it any futher since I did not have my XM with me to install.

If you get it all the way off let me know if there are any tricks. I will probally try to install mine this weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going to buy an XM unit tomorrow.

Not sure where Im going to mount it yet, anyone out there have one installed and where did you install it? I'm thinking the cubbie hole on the console under the radio..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Unless there is something on XM you have to listen to, get Sirius. They have a much better overall package than XM, plus they've got Howard. Eitherway, I've all but stopped listening to radio except for Rush. No commercials is soooooooooo nice.

I installed mine the hard way. I tapped into the cig lighter wire and ran the wire up behind the dash compartment. Both wires are run in back of it. The unit is mounted on the windshield. The trim piece comes off by just pulling on the bottom. I'm going to put my CD player back in that's Sirius equiped whenever I put my stereo back in....some when the snow metls. BTW, this car is a PITA to take apart.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here's the location of my XM radio. At first I had the XM unit located in the little storage tray below the radio.

To get the trim off, just start at the top and work your way down to the bottom. I tapped the fuse panel for my power source rather the the cig lighter.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I thought about doing that, don't know why I didn't. I've got mine on the windshield. :( Guess I've got a project for a nice day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts