FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I couldn't find any pictures of a Zephry so I ordered a Visor with Homelink.  It was part number 6H6Z 5404105 AAA.  I compared it to a Fusion visor on the lot and the attachment points look the same and the color is the same (stone interior, Charcoal interior would be the same also, can't vouch for the camel).  I don't have my car yet so I haven't checked the plug in, but I'm betting its the same since both visors have just a power and ground wire.  The only problem is the fabric is slightly different so I may change the passenger visor on my car also so they match.  The Fusion visor is smooth where the Zephyr has more of a grain to it.  I put some pictures in my gallery so you can compare, but the grain doesn't show that well in the pictures.

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/gallery/index.php?cat=22554

·
Registered
204 Posts
Excellent work! I may have to do the same after I get my garage built! :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I work at a dealership so I get parts at cost, but MSRP is around $90 per visor right now. I look for this to change since the Visor is over $200 on a Fusion so I think the Zephyr pricing was an error.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Went to parts and ordered a visor for a zephyr.. It was cheap compared to the fusions. I figure this is a price error and will definately go up...Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Johonson Controls homelink system SHOULD work with any Garage door opener (have yet to have a customer that it didn't) and many of the home automation systems. As for install, it should be 2 screws to take the old visor off, unplug the old, plug in the new and screw the new visor in to the roof. I haven't got my car yet so I can't verify the plug is the same, but I'd be willing to bet it is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yep! They are 72$ for employees I just got confused with the colors since I have that tan(camel) color, and I believe lincoln uses the sand(tan) color. Let us know once you install it? Might order mine this wk!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I found a problem,,,,,I ordered a homelink visor and evidently the lincoln with charcoal interior has a tan color headliner and visors not a light grey like mine..... I am doing some research to see if the lincoln has an option of a grey headliner and visors like mine. Anyone else know any different???

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I show that on the Fusion the visor is the same wheather you have Charcoal or stone interior (Camel is different). On Zephyr I show Charcoal and Stone are the same and Sand or whatever they call the tan is different. So if you got one for a Stone or charcoal interior it should work. Did you hold it up next to yours yet? In the Charcoal cars the headliner seems gray, but it is actually tan.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I stand corrected... I got the visor and its the same color... outside the car it doesnt look right. The only difference is the material has a different texture... the texture of the new visor has the look of the apillar trim with that crossed weave material look. Either way it works great. I am going to buy the passenger side visor so the two will match.

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote author=xcr440sp link=topic=39583.msg574637#msg574637 date=1139519692]
I work at a dealership so I get parts at cost, but MSRP is around $90 per visor right now.  I look for this to change since the Visor is over $200 on a Fusion so I think the Zephyr pricing was an error.
[/quote]

What does it plug into- is there a wire somewhere in the headliner or A pillar that has to connect to the homewlink visor?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The plug in is back inside the headliner. Normally it would just pull out and plug in, but at least on my SEL (with Side air bags) they left no slack on the cord so I had to drop the headliner to get my hand in there to plug it in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.