FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going in tomorrow to have the dealer install the factory Sirius to my wifes Fusion that already has Nav/Audiofile system. Question is will Sirius use the Nav systems sat antenna already on the roof, or will another have to be put somewhere?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, so to answer my own question, no, it does not use the same antenna thats on the roof. They put one on the dashboard in front of the light sensor that was already there.
Man, what a day. Got to the dealership at the 12 noon appointment time. They immediately took the car back, and 40 minutes later it was complete. Drove home listening to sat radio, it sounded good. Got home tried to use the aux input with my ipod......nothing. AAARRGGGG! Turned around and drove straight back and handed them the keys. An hour later, the ipod was working. Guy said one of the wiring harnesses was reversed. OK. Drive home,.....sounds good...........Is it me or is there less bass than before? Get home, pop the trunk to check out the Audiophile 6X9's..........nothing. I touch them,.no movement. I unplug them, no difference. Oh,......and whats this? I nice new ding and scratch on my nice new car. *Steam exits ears*. I call the dealership and tell them I'm on my way back. I get there and show them how the rear speakers are now not working, and me and the customer service rep call the installer over and ask him whats up with the scratches. Of course he denies everything. But the CS rep says 'If you say it wasnt there, we will pull the ding out and buff the scratches out next Wednesday for me (next day off for me).
So tonight I am driving around and notice the Sirius radio's reception, seems to be less than stellar. I have a factory Sirius system in my Charger, and it never fades in and out. Is this because the antenna is behind glass in my windshield? Today was a gorgeous, sunny, cloudless day. I cant wait untill it rains out....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts