FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added a third bar to the lower fascia to match the upper grille. Ford part for the extra bar is #6E5Z-8200-C. You will have to fabricate your own brackets for a proper install.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Wow - I think I like it!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Is there much increase in how hot your car runs at all? I saw that on the funkmaster flex fusion and thought it looked good too.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
How much was the extra grill bar if you don't mind my asking? I would like to know since the dealership around here usually quotes a rather insane price. However, 30 miles west in the country, the part is much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=87787.msg1680673#msg1680673 date=1188521666]
Is there much increase in how hot your car runs at all? I saw that on the funkmaster flex fusion and thought it looked good too.
[/quote]

Since the install I have driven the car for about an hour...my temp gauge needle goes to the exact same place as before the install...the needle never has completely reached the icon in the middle of the gauge and since the install it still doesn't

[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=87787.msg1680707#msg1680707 date=1188523268]
How much was the extra grill bar if you don't mind my asking? I would like to know since the dealership around here usually quotes a rather insane price. However, 30 miles west in the country, the part is much cheaper.
[/quote]

Dealer retail on the part is $62.60 but my cost was $47.00 as I get an employee discount from a buddy that works at a dealership

[quote author=11011101 link=topic=87787.msg1680685#msg1680685 date=1188522035]
Great job on showing you deserved to win FOTM! That looks excellent. How painful was the install?
[/quote]

Now that I have done it I would say it is fairly 'painless'. I'll be doing another one next week when the part comes in and I can take pictures during the process if anyone is truly interested.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
At least if you can show me where you fabricated the mounts and what not, that would be extremely helpful. Even at 62 bucks it's not a bad part for a really good look.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That looks awsome, try and get some pics of how you made the brackets!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Double Vision...GREAT mod!!! Nicely done!! Keep up the imaginatively creative enhancements!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I never did like the way the grill went from 3 bar to 2 bar. That really evens it out! I like it. Another addition to my to do list. :) May be able to find a nice used one at a junk yard. $62 is too much to me.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all who have clicked on to check out this thread... I will certainly post some info regarding installation when I do it for a second time! If my part comes into today I will post this weekend, if not it will be early next week as the parts dept. is closed for the holiday on Monday. Below is a side by side comparison with/without the added bar...

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=87787.msg1683227#msg1683227 date=1188614157]
Looks good Chuck. Are you going to show with me next month?
[/quote]

Hey Chris,

I'm still working on that but I am still not a 'sure thing' as of right now.
I might even crash the Mazda party at Harper's Ferry next weekend! :hide:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks great! However, it takes away from the horizontal-ness of the car, making it look more like a 4x4. I don't think even lowering it will help it's look. Kinda like the new cts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts