FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone modify there S or SE I-4 with the dual exhaust pipes like the SEL, instead of having them together! Can it be done?

·
Registered
206 Posts
you would need a new rear skirt with the cut outs for 2dual exhaust.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i would love to just for the look of the dual exhaust, and i would also paint the part of the bumper between the pipes black, i think it would look great. however, you need to be carefull that it doesnt look like a ricer if you rev it at all.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi...i have a 2.3 I4 & a fellow employee has a 3.0 6cyl. I just went out @ lunch a checked his underside vs mine & it 'appears' from initial investigation that a 6cyl exhaust ( magnaflow?) will bolt in. Mine has the driverside heat sheild as well as the muffler hanger already in place...so other than the rear valance mod ( which i will check out on my Razzi rear valance...otherwise purchase a 6cyl version)... looks like a doable upgrade for us who have 4 bangers & desire the dual exhaust look...& sound. Found a site with the Magnaflow P#16675 @ $615 with free ship (Autoanything)...hmmm...xmas around the corner...wonder if she can fit it in the stocking...hohoho.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Buy from JUSNES MODIFIED $529 SHIPPED . Great fast feed back, Very trustworthy. Colm

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanx Colm...appreciate the fyi....substantial savings!...even less than OEM...Ford wants $556 for a cat back 6cyl 1 piece system...& @ $5 for the rubber hanger. Will order tomorrow from Jusnes Mod...along with some dual stainless tips from another site...pickup a hanger @ my dealer & hopefully all will be here before the long turkey day weekend @ witch time i'll do the install...with pix.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why do you need tips?? The Magnaflow has 4" tips. Just look at the pics in the Engine&powertrain section!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes...I know the system comes with tips...but I have always liked the dual tip look...even on a dual exhaust. I'll post pix of the installed system with the tip mod.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Okay i'll wait to see your pics. I just looked at my Magnaflow and i think you might just have enough room to cut off the 4" tips. Best of luck with it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts