FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you’re not supposed to convert to HID headlights without a retrofit but I can’t do that right now.
However I got the conversion kit for my Hi beams (H7) and I can NOT get them to twist in securely. Is there an adapter I’m missing? If so where can I find them and do I need them for the Low beams (H11) as well?
Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
I know you’re not supposed to convert to HID headlights without a retrofit but I can’t do that right now.
However I got the conversion kit for my Hi beams (H7) and I can NOT get them to twist in securely. Is there an adapter I’m missing? If so where can I find them and do I need them for the Low beams (H11) as well?
Thanks in advance!

Hi Sarshine. Unfortunately, you are discovering just one of the many reasons why aftermarket HID kits are not compatible with factory Halogen headlight units. They are not compatible for fitment, and more importantly, safety reasons. You will need to contact the company you purchased from to see if they have a solution for the incorrect fitment of their product.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!! It’s a good thing my heart wasn’t set on these so I’ll just return them. The halogens aren’t that bad I just wanted something a bit brighter since I do most of my driving at night. Yay for graveyard shift work!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Starshine. Yes it does. I would recommend returning the aftermarket HID's and keeping your halogens.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
I think returning them and sticking with the halogens is the best bet plus I’m sure my husband wouldn’t mind the extra money from the decision lol. Thank you!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts