FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Is there a way to activate DRL without having to go to the dealer?
thankx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2012 Fusion does not engage the auto lights on early enough when I enter my workplace underground garage (My wife's Escape does it immediately). So I am unhappy with the way they behave, so the best I could do is run around with them on all the time.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
It's your car so it's your choice... and I'm really sorry - but that is kind of a silly reason to want your lights on all the time.

Leaving the DRL's activated will not make them turn on any sooner as you go into the underground. They will still take the same amount of time and won't provide any more light anyways. Just turn them on before you go in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont be sorry, its more of a personal taste than anything else. :shock:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to drive my 09 "FULL ON", I am just tired of doing that. :shock: :p :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, it's a dealer only controlled item.

What do you want to activate them?
I also want to have my DRL working. My Fusion is a dark maroon and on some days it blends with the environment. In rural areas, this is important for other drivers to see you when traveling on 70 mph on a 4 lane with side road access (non ramp enter/exit).

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
I also want to have my DRL working. My Fusion is a dark maroon and on some days it blends with the environment. In rural areas, this is important for other drivers to see you when traveling on 70 mph on a 4 lane with side road access (non ramp enter/exit).
Hi piano. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Cub. :)

You do not mention your model year. You need the Service Department at your Ford Dealer to activate the DRL's on 2006-2012 model year Fusions. On 2013+ model years, most can be activated through the Driver Information Center settings. Check your Owners Manual for the activation instructions for your particular model year.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi piano. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Cub. :)

You do not mention your model year. You need the Service Department at your Ford Dealer to activate the DRL's on 2006-2012 model year Fusions. On 2013+ model years, most can be activated through the Driver Information Center settings. Check your Owners Manual for the activation instructions for your particular model year.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Mine is a 2013 Fusion STE. I've tried through the menu and it's not an option on mine for some reason. The manual says it should be in there but it isn't. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Mine is a 2013 Fusion STE. I've tried through the menu and it's not an option on mine for some reason. The manual says it should be in there but it isn't. thanks.
Hi piano. To my knowledge, the 2013 Fusion had 3 trim levels: S, SE and Titanium. And the Hybrid SE and Titanium. What is an STE?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts