FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i was driving and the ac was blowing semi cold air then boom its blowing hot air.. so i thought i just needed it recharged so i got the stuff and had a guy i work with put it in cause i never done anything like this and he put almost a whole can in and it didn't blow any colder air at all its still blowing warm air.. WTF.. i am a little irritated.. u can hear the Compressor kick on idk what the problem is...

·
Super Moderator
5,737 Posts
[quote author=frogger390 link=topic=191664.msg4040344#msg4040344 date=1307147504]
So the other day i was driving and the ac was blowing semi cold air then boom its blowing hot air.. so i thought i just needed it recharged so i got the stuff and had a guy i work with put it in cause i never done anything like this and he put almost a whole can in and it didn't blow any colder air at all its still blowing warm air.. WTF.. i am a little irritated.. u can hear the Compressor kick on idk what the problem is...
[/quote]

Hi frogger. :wavey: Unfortunate fact is that most air conditioning problems need to be checked/diagnosed by someone who knows what they are doing and has the proper tools.

For example, if your system has a leak, the refrigerant you refilled with could have leaked out just as fast as you put it in. Or, it may not even be a refrigerant/leakage problem and could be something else (in which case, your system may now be overfilled, which is not good either).

Anyway, best advice I can give is to have it looked at by someone qualified to diagnose HVAC issues.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
I agree but there is also r134a with dye and leak sealer. It should seal any small leaks and show green through any larger leaks. As bbf said though, just get it looked at instead of guessing and pissing money away.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
AC units are the absolute worst to try to fix yourself, my brother has dumped $1000 into his trying to fix it by himself, then took it in to a shop and boom, they found the problem after a half hour and fixed it for $200. As much as I like to encourage DIY jobs, the AC is one that you really can do yourself. Your best bet is to bring it into a shop and have them check it out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so if i wiggle the ac line it blows cold air but if i stop wiggling the ac line it blows warm air.. wtf.. im so irritated with this.. heading to the beach in 9 days i was hoping to have this working...

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=Seasonalskier link=topic=191664.msg4040935#msg4040935 date=1307244022]
Which AC line?
[/quote]

No doubt...a pressurized line or electrical line or ? :dunno:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well took it to Aamco transmissions they do a free ac check and well found out that i need a Evaporator Core Discharge Temp Sensor and they quoted me it would be about 4-5 hrs and would be like $496.96 before taxes so looks like im not gonna have ac for a while.. :(

·
Super Moderator
5,737 Posts
[quote author=frogger390 link=topic=191664.msg4045628#msg4045628 date=1307670016]
well took it to Aamco transmissions they do a free ac check and well found out that i need a Evaporator Core Discharge Temp Sensor and they quoted me it would be about 4-5 hrs and would be like $496.96 before taxes so looks like im not gonna have ac for a while.. :(
[/quote]

Hi frogger. :wavey: Call your local Ford Dealers Service Department and ask them for a price quote to do the same work (replace the "Evaporator Core Discharge Temp Sensor"). They can give you the quote over the phone and at least you will have competitive quotes to compare.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok so if i wiggle the ac line it blows cold air but if i stop wiggling the ac line it blows warm air.. wtf.. im so irritated with this.. heading to the beach in 9 days i was hoping to have this working...
Try cutting your fog light on,must pull knob out ,AC should blow cold air.I know this sounds crazy but it works

1 - 13 of 13 Posts