FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My friend has an 07, and his AC condenser started leaking PS fluid. It seems the Power Steering cooler is integrated with it.

Anybody knows the procedure to replace it? I heard it could be pulled bellow the car without having to remove everything between the engine and the radiator.

Also there are 2 aftermarket PS coolers being sold on Rockauto for 20 bucks and 30 bucks specific to our cars. Wouldn't an easier solution be to add one of those bypassing and rerouting the original? And leaving the condenser just as a condenser ?

HAYDEN Part # 1009

FOUR SEASONS Part # 53019

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi.

The post above is my fusion and just recently i am able to post that is why my friend went ahead and upload it.

My PS fluid reservoir has been lowering once a month to the Min mark by three consecutive months right now.

The other day i went under the car and noticed a wet oil area by the AC Condenser.

I checked the routing and it appears as if the.first two rows of the AC Cond works as PS cooler but i am not 100% sure.

A week ago i cleaned the fins of the condenser with a spray degreaser filled up to the max ps fluid as today it is in the mid mark and once again it is wet on the condenser red oil.

Help will be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

My friend has an 07, and his AC condenser started leaking PS fluid. It seems the Power Steering cooler is integrated with it.

Anybody knows the procedure to replace it? I heard it could be pulled bellow the car without having to remove everything between the engine and the radiator.

Also there are 2 aftermarket PS coolers being sold on Rockauto for 20 bucks and 30 bucks specific to our cars. Wouldn't an easier solution be to add one of those bypassing and rerouting the original? And leaving the condenser just as a condenser ?

HAYDEN Part # 1009

FOUR SEASONS Part # 53019

Thanks
I’m having the same exact problem I’m going to order a new condenser from 1a auto and have a local repair shop replace it since I’m not much of a mechanic plus I work 6 days a week lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts