FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm new here.

My family just bought a 2006 Fusion SEL V6. We traded in our 2002 Explorer xlt.

Anyways, i was wondering what the grills in the VERY back right by the window were for.

And how do i turn on the radio station and song name display on the head unit. I have the six cd premium. i went through the menu and it only had bass/treble adjustments, speed volume, auto preset, and fade/balance settings. is there more to the menu that i am missing? i dunno its sorta frustrating. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I think that the grills right by the glass are for trunk ventilation.

Is your stereo the audiophile 8 speaker system? I think that the RDS will only work with that system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dunno, the manual said that rbdd would work with the six cd head unit. i have the non-audiophile six cd h/u. i will try pushing text.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
You're probably not going to find the answer by pushing the "text" button. The guy who does stereo at the dealership that I go to says that most Fusions don't have the capability to do that. Not that they CAN'T, but they DON'T.

For instance...the F150 stock HU's DO support scrolling text until the factory codes are loaded onto the unit which disables this function. The F150 was never intended to have stock HU's that have scrolling text for radio stations/CD's. At least not through the 2006 model year. Loading the "stock codes" onto the unit is one way that Ford is able to control uniformity in a world where parts are made by many OEM manufacturers.

The "text" button is for Sirius satellite. Any fusion stock HU can support Sirius, but obviously not every Fusion has Sirius capability.

Soon this won't matter anyway since Sony is supposed to be making Ford decks in either 2008 or 2009.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I also have a 2006 model that was supposed to have RDBS on the 6 disc premium radio. It does not work. However, my ex g/f has an early 2006 model Fusion with the same radio and it does work. So somewhere along the line in 2006 they decontented it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.