FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever installed N1 style mufflers on the v6 fusion?

also is the stock piping on the fusion 2 1/4" or 2 1/2"

and would a muffler with a 2 1/2" inlet slide over the stock piping and be able to be u-bolted on?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
stock is 2.25, but 2.5 will slide right over and can be welded right on.

From what I was also told (but chose not to see if it was true), you can also cheat a little bit and use a 2" pipe, enlarge the edges, fit it right before the performance muffler, which supposedly will give a slightly deeper sound and won't rob the performance gains much. Whether or not this is true I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=94466.msg1852847#msg1852847 date=1195015132]
stock is 2.25, but 2.5 will slide right over and can be welded right on.

From what I was also told (but chose not to see if it was true), you can also cheat a little bit and use a 2" pipe, enlarge the edges, fit it right before the performance muffler, which supposedly will give a slightly deeper sound and won't rob the performance gains much. Whether or not this is true I don't know for sure.

[/quote]

thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also i have a question about a cold air intake, if i were to make my out of a old cold air intake i have that doesnt have an input for the sensor. how would i get it to not say "check engine"

·
Registered
799 Posts
NOTE: If you choke your exhaust down to 2" (even if it's only a 1" long section)it will make it noticebly quieter.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=CPreston link=topic=94466.msg1856102#msg1856102 date=1195104951]
also i have a question about a cold air intake, if i were to make my out of a old cold air intake i have that doesnt have an input for the sensor. how would i get it to not say "check engine"
[/quote]

you would get a CEL right away if the MAF sensor was not placed right or the housing is to large or small. you can also lean out the motor as well can cause internal damage. i would stick with Steeda or K&N if you do not have a tune (or have a tune either one) or if you want go with Bob's intake but not sure you want to do that as people are having lots of problems with service right now.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yeah, without the MAF in place you will definitely get a CEL - probably not immediately but it's just a matter of WHEN it will happen.

I agree with Slater - you probably need to stick to the Jusnes or Steeda intakes for this car. I have the Steeda intake and I have no complaints at all. I have the Jusnes tunes, but sometimes Bob is a little hard to get ahold of to ask questions about stuff. But, if the size of the CAI is too big, you'll also have problems potentially with your engine running too lean, and that could cause more headache than it's worth....especially if you blow something important.

You would probably see more gains if you did an intake AND tunes for the car at the same time. I don't see much of a difference with mine, but I also don't think Jusnes expected me to change the mufflers before I installed the tunes. They could probably be tweaked even more now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts