FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ford Fusion SEL 2.5L
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL 4 cylinder. A/C stopped working and clutch is not engaging. I checked the static pressure and a little above 100 on both the low and high lines. I did see refrigerant oil that seems to be leaking from the high side line. I checked the A/C related fuses and they are good. I am leaning that the problem is a leak on the high side line and it needs to be replaced, system vacuum and recharged. Just want to know if I am correct or wrong. I know very little about Air conditioning and would like someone with more knowledge to give me some advice. Thank you.

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
123 Posts
Think you could go to auto zone and get the same kit. I don't see any threads in the nipple to allow a valve to be screwed in

·
Registered
2012 Ford Fusion SEL 2.5L
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replace both Schrader valves and vacuum the system and vacuum held at -30. Connected the can to charge and the vacuum immediately pulled the freon, but neither compressor or clutch engaged. I did bypass clutch relay and it did engage. Clutch is working, but compressor is not turning on. I don't know if anyone has any suggestions on testing the compressor. I would have to invest in equipment that can get reading from the PCM and see if the PCM is commanding the compressor to come on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts