FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our highs have been in the 80s & 90s for the past couple of weeks and they look like we should hit 100 within the next week or so. Here is the challenge. My cars are in bad need of a good wash. It does not drop below 80 degrees until sometime about midnight. What ideas does anyone have?

Thanks - Gurnzy

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
as long as the car is not in direct sun the temp really has nothing to do with it. wait till the sun is low in the horizon and wash it then. or take it to a hand dry car wash :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Summertime around here is the same way. This is the order on how I wash the car when it's super hot. Rinse between numbers.
1. Roof
2. Windshield
3. Hood
4. Front end
5. Driver side fender
6. Driver front wheel
7. Driver door
8. Driver rear door
9. Driver rear quarter panel
10. Driver rear wheel
11. Back window
12. Trunk deck
13. Back bumper

I think you get the idea.
I also have the car face away from the sun. The key is to wash it little by little.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
we must be spoiled up here in the north east. even on hot 90*+ days I park my car/wash my car under the shade of the trees and never have any water spots etc. As long as the car is not blazing hot I have never had any issues. Also when it is to hot to touch 5 min under a hose cools the sheet metal down. Then she gets waxed early morning or late afternoon after the sun sets.

Loui man thats nuts!! glad your that thorough but holy geeze :shock: thats like a 2hr car wash. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I think that I am going to just have to wash my cars in the sun as I get the chance. The 90 degree temps with 75-95% humidity with no rain isn't forcasted to let up anytime soon. And past years have shown that if this continues I will not be allowed to wash my car at all. Our locality tends to put in restrictions on car washing when it gets like this.

Thank you,
Gurnzy

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know u guys are smarter than this but word of caution make sure u DO NOT wash your car without airing out the interior first. Had a guy i used to work with came home and decided to wash his truck that had been sitting in the sun all day and when the water hit the windshield it immediatly cracked

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had heard that on TV somewhere, but never knew it actually happened.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts