FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am at the final stages of completion on my homebrew display project for my 2012 Fusion SE.
I have integrated a 9.7" dual boot (Windows 10/Android 5.1) tablet into the center stack.
The tablet is captive (absolutely non-removable), has the same display as the iPad Air, 64gb memory, etc.
It* drives a Sony sound system.
Includes support for:
-navigation using the Here Wego app and a high speed and high resolution external GPS;
-rearview camera video on the tablet and rearview mirror;
-cell phone module;
-WiFi hotspot for up to 8 clients;
-voice commands for the head unit;

I don't yet have control of the HVAC functions(that's next) or a DVD player (but the 1TB drive replaces that function).
Here are some initial pictures.
I'll add some more later - when the glare is reduced and I finish some hookups.

Looks like I need to trim down some files first before loading the rest-darn

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
hell this is awesome, i remember back when carputers were the big thing, late 90's early 2000's but this is really cool and doesnt have all the equipment that the carputers had

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am at the final stages of completion on my homebrew display project for my 2012 Fusion SE.
I have integrated a 9.7" dual boot (Windows 10/Android 5.1) tablet into the center stack.
The tablet is captive (absolutely non-removable), has the same display as the iPad Air, 64gb memory, etc.
It* drives a Sony sound system.
Includes support for:
-navigation using the Here Wego app and a high speed and high resolution external GPS;
-rearview camera video on the tablet and rearview mirror;
-cell phone module;
-WiFi hotspot for up to 8 clients;
-voice commands for the head unit;

I don't yet have control of the HVAC functions(that's next) or a DVD player (but the 1TB drive replaces that function).
Here are some initial pictures.
I'll add some more later - when the glare is reduced and I finish some hookups.

Looks like I need to trim down some files first before loading the rest-darn
I forgot that I had posted this here a year ago but I thought I would add a follow up for the readers.

I have completed the modifications that allow the tablet to control the temperature of the HVAC.
My SE only had the manual control HVAC control (EMTC) and I was tired of forever having to reach down and adjust the temperature control knob.
I added some interface hardware and wrote an Android app user interface that allows me to set the temperature I want on the tablet.
Here is a screen shot for the app. It'll give you an idea of how it works.

The HVAC interface communicates with the tablet via Bluetooth. The app will work on any Android 5.0 or higher version.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts