FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. For informational purposes: I have SYNC 3 version 18093 in my 2018 MKZ (just updated about a month ago), and as of today there is a new SYNC 3 upgrade available.

I have no details yet as to what version it will upgrade to, since I have downloaded the files from the Lincoln Owners website but not installed it in my car yet. I will post back with details as soon as I install it.

For those interested, go to the Lincoln or Ford Owners website, sign in and check to see if a new SYNC update is available for your vehicle.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi gang. Okay, I installed the newest SYNC update. Update went relatively smoothly and my SYNC system is now Build 19205.

I would offer the same warning that I did with my previous SYNC update and the NAV maps update: You may get an early message that the update is finished when it is actually not. Leave the USB in for at least 10 minutes after the first "Update Complete" message, to be sure it actually is complete.

Having seen it happen before, I left the USB in when the first message popped up, and a few minutes later, SYNC rebooted and the update continued. So give it time and do not be in a rush.

Also, it took several restarts after the update to actually have my SYNC Build # show as updated from 18093 to 19205.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi gang. For those who have recently had issues trying to perform the last step of a SYNC 3 update (reporting the update to Lincoln/Ford): The "Report update to Lincoln/Ford" step of a SYNC 3 update is now working. It had not been reliably operative for about two months now but is working as of last night for me.

FYI...It took several hours for the site to update my information. Rechecking immediately showed it had not yet updated. I needed to follow the instructions to notify Lincoln of the update, then sign out of the Lincoln or Ford Owners site and sign back in a few hours later.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where can I download the update from?
I can’t find it on the Ford.ca website.
Maybe it’s hidden somewhere on the Ford.com website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where can I download the update from?
I can’t find it on the Ford.ca website.
Maybe it’s hidden somewhere on the Ford.com website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi X-Ray. I just went to the Ford.ca website. It looks like you would click on " Owners", then "SYNC Support". Then you would need to sign in...or register on the Ford of Canada site if you are not already registered.

I can not go further since I am not registered on the Ford of Canada website. However, once registered and signed in, all you need to do is look for links for SYNC, SYNC Support, SYNC updates, etc.

You do not mention what model year or model vehicle you are driving, but if there is an update available for your vehicle, that is the place to find it.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts