FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi gang. For anyone who actually may drop in and take a look here at the Ford Fusion Club: There is a new SYNC 3 Navigation maps update available. To see if it is available for your Fusion, go here and enter the required vehicle information: Ford - Sync3 Map Update

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi gang. On a related note, the SYNC 3 update pages on the Ford and Lincoln Owner websites have been updated. After inputting your VIN, it now informs as to whether we are up to date, have any available updates, the current SYNC version number installed in our vehicle, etc.

It now also has links to other pages that clearly detail the instructions for how to update SYNC 3 via USB, WiFi etc. Far more informative and user friendly than before.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi again gang. I successfully updated my SYNC 3 Navigation system maps on a long drive yesterday. The latest version is NA 1 19

However, I would give the same warnings I have given to others on past updates: You may/will get a very quick notification (within minutes of beginning the update), essentially stating that the "Update is complete, remove the USB, restart the car..." etc.

However...Do not remove the USB and do no restart the car, etc! The update is not complete. If you leave the USB in and wait about 5 minutes, your SYNC system will reboot and the "System Update" will resume and continue. This may even happen a second time.

As the NAV maps website states, the update will take ~1 hour. Therefore, I recommend waiting at least 10 minutes after any "Update is complete" notifications before removing the USB and restarting your car, to ensure it is not another false notification.

In this way, you can be sure the SYNC system is not going to go through another reboot and resume the update. Just be patient and assume it will take approximately a full hour.

Hope these instructions are clear and understandable. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts