FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has 5000k Hids for their fog lights or head lights. If you do, please post a picture. I am selling my 12000k McCulloch Hid's and planing to install a 5000k or 6000k for the fog lights. But before I open my wallet I want to see how nice it looks.

Thanks to all. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not I, but wouldn't putting HID in your fog lights be a tad dangerous? Just thinking about flashing your high beams, which cuts power to the fog lights, and then having them come back on multiple times is not so good. Thoughts?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey Txn,

You have a really good point about flashing the high beams, never thought of that. If HID's were installed in the fog lights, a lot of fore thought would have to be involved. Shut off fog lamps, then flash high beams, then turn fogs back on. In another thread, someone brought up the point that when the HID's are installed in the headlights, when you lock or unlock the doors and the headlights flick on and off, if it causes any damage, and I think that the final conclusion was that it doesn't hurt the HID system so I think this might also apply to the fogs if the high beams were turned on and off. I suppose if you wanted to flash someone, you could always turn the headlight switch to the park light position (the park lights and the fogs would still work) and then turn on the headlights again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been runing the HID set up on the car since the day I bought it and working with HIDs for a long time. It wont hurt the system really. Unless you sit there and keep flashing them for 5-10 seconds constant then you are hurting the system.

And as for the lock off and unlock on system it doesnt hurt the system at all. The system could take the normal usual daily activity and wear. Remember, HIDs last longer then your halogen lights.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I just disabled the flashing lights when you unlock the car. It tells you how in the manual.

·
Registered
982 Posts
On my Focus, by passing the relay which shut off the fogs when the high beams came on was pretty easy. i haven't dug into my ford manuals yet, but I would imagine the process should be pretty similar... and extremely easy.

I went a little overboard with mine. I used 12 gauge with a fuse and crimped on spades, then shrink wrapped everything. Maybe not overboard, just done "properly" ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts