FordFusionClub.com banner

301 - 320 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Wow...lots of hatred toward us in this thread.

First. We don't deal with DDM directly anymore (except for older orders) because they are always backorder, are a pain to deal with for warranty and we are the ones that end up getting the crap from the customer. I'm sorry but DDM are morons and we can't deal with their crap anymore. So we now use another warehouse and have cut them off. Warranty is done by that warehouse and we do have stock compared to DDM. So orders ship within 48 hours and not 3 weeks like DDM.

Second. We have plenty of happy customers but obviously some here are not happy. I don't know all your individual stories but I'll be happy to look into each one of them as we never "screw" our customers. We sell HID and have been for 8 years now...you don't do that by treating your customers badly. Maybe you didn't like the answer you got the first time and that's another issue but if everything is legit and I can help you then please email me at [email protected]xenonexpert.com

Oliver

·
Registered
127 Posts
i just installed my HID bulbs. do you have to change the fuse in the fuse box to a different one bc of more power going to the lights?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
[quote author=A_bishop07 link=topic=60924.msg2990920#msg2990920 date=1236899370]
i just installed my HID bulbs. do you have to change the fuse in the fuse box to a different one bc of more power going to the lights?
[/quote]

HID's actually use less power than traditional bulbs, and no changing of fuse required

·
Registered
127 Posts
thanks! i guess that makes sense huh. it says it right on the box :bash: duh

·
Registered
144 Posts
Does anyone know if my 06 Milan will need the BOW's eliminators? Did they have that in 2006? Any way to test? (unplug headlight and turn headlights on? and wait?)

*Update* I unplugged one of the headlights and turned on the switch. Message came up. I'm going with a 55w kit so hopefully it draws enough current to keep the message away.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey guys Ive been researching for the last couple days about getting HID's n I decided to go with the 55w 6000k with the lifetime warrantee from xenonexpert.com. I gotta hand it to u guys cuz without ur help I'd b out of ideas and ways to modify my car. Anyways I'm hopeing I won't need bow's...it seems as if it's a hit or miss with some vehicles. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
With all the negative press this kit has been getting, I'd like to throw out my own experiences.

First off, I purchased my 5,000K DDM kit from Dabears2k. I had some complaints at first because the bulbs wouldn't fit right, but Matt was quick to respond to my emails. A little filing and sanding the plastic tabs and they're still tight but they work. 90% of the time, mine work as advertised. I have them hooked up using the BOW eliminators, but all they seem to do is prevent me from getting the check left/right indication. Sometimes, one side will fire and not the other, sometimes neither come on. I turn them off, wait a second and try again. I usually light them off from the remote with the unlock button just to make sure they did in fact turn on. I am not using the supplied harness because I don't see the purpose. Its extra wiring that I can't hide or make look neat, and I've just gotten used to 10% of the time that they malfunction. The difference at night is well worth it.

I wasn't expecting mine to be quite so blue, though. I ordered 5,000K, they said 5,000K on the bulb covers and the box, so I have to assume they are correct. My suggestion would be to go with the 4500-4700 if you want good output. The more blue they get, the lower the lumens and the more annoying they are to oncoming traffic... especially cops. I haven't had any issues with mine, but I'm due for inspection by the end of the month. I've considered leaving them in, but I'm not sure if my dealer will fail me for them. The worst they'd do is make me take them out before the slap a new sticker in my window.

Something I have been considering is moving the 35w kit I have now to my fogs and either getting a new kit from a different company or possibly just buying a 55w kit for the lows since most people have reported that the 55w kit works fine w/out a harness or eliminator in the lows.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very cool stuff, and well done with the review and what not.

Did you just do the low beams? How does this work. Do both the highs and lows connect to one ballast? Or is a second ballast required to do the highs and lows?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a serious question regarding the aiming of the lights...

Since we drive on the LEFT, can I re-adjust my headlights so that the left headlight beam would be higher than the right? Is it a simple fix?

The dealerships sell these cars without any modifications to the light pattern(or aim) so everyone is just used to it. If I do get HIDs, I don't want to appear to be blinding everyone else...

·
Registered
60 Posts
1- Kind of a nit-picky question... I want to upgrade to HID's but I really do not want to cut into the dust cover on the bulb housing, as the poster of this thread did. I live in FLA where rains have been out of control for months now so with the decrease in heat output by switching to HID's from Halogens, I don't want misty, water filled light housings on my car.

2- Has anyone put these to work on a 2010? My '10 has projector headlights so I'd assume it will look pretty damn cool, but I wanted to see if anyone else did it first.

·
Registered
25 Posts
[quote author=NvRsLpN link=topic=60924.msg3335431#msg3335431 date=1253604849]
1- Kind of a nit-picky question... I want to upgrade to HID's but I really do not want to cut into the dust cover on the bulb housing, as the poster of this thread did. I live in FLA where rains have been out of control for months now so with the decrease in heat output by switching to HID's from Halogens, I don't want misty, water filled light housings on my car.

2- Has anyone put these to work on a 2010? My '10 has projector headlights so I'd assume it will look pretty damn cool, but I wanted to see if anyone else did it first.
[/quote]

I have not had a problem with the cut in the dust cover. The slit is only to pass the wires through. But I have not ever had any sign of water intrusion.

As far as #2 sorry I don't know the answer there

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
The slit doesn't allow any water to get in, etc. I've driven in heavy rain for hours and we've had one of the wettest summer in history this year. No issues at all. There is a thread in here somewhere called HID's on 2010 fusion. Check that out. The install will be the same. I've got HID 's on my milan with projectors. The light is very crisp and focused. 100% improvement over stock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got the 35watt 6000k Apexcone kit from xenonexpert, came very fast and install wasn't too bad. I have a 2006 v6 fusion SE, didn't need any BOW eliminators or a batt. harness, everything was plug and play. I will be sure to post if any problems arise but so far I am satisfied with their service and the product.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey all i know i am jumping in on the descution but on my lincoln with the projects here is a glimps. I did not put the covers back on as the cover just sticks out to far to stay still trying to figure out a way to get around that.

Kit is from DDM had no problems with them.
35W 5000k

Here are some pics. I know that arn't the best but with the snow on the ground i wasn't about to do it out side. I will update this when i can.

Here is a during.
The new is on the L and old on the R

When i get home tommorro i will update with a cut off shot.

·
Registered
552 Posts
[quote author=Total ConFUSION link=topic=60924.msg1042058#msg1042058 date=1162289233]
I guesss that says it all. IT'S ILLEGAL! Where I live, "judgement" doesn't supercede the law. Must be illegal for a good reason.
[/quote]As it was explained to me they are illegal not so much because of the light output, but because they are not adaptive to road conditions. All OEM HID's are adaptive. In other words, when you go over some railroad tracks... the lights move to stay level with the road. Since all aftermarket use stationary mounting, they cannot be adaptive. This makes sense because as your car is going down the road and bopping up and down the aftermarket HIDs will occasionally shine into oncoming traffic. This is why I'm hoping the 2011 Milans come with HID's so that I can just buy the whole adaptive headlight assemble, and then they will be adaptive like the Lincoln MKZ's.

·
Registered
220 Posts
[quote author=noisuf link=topic=60924.msg1038140#msg1038140 date=1162085929]
I received my 5000K Apexcone kit the other day, and I just thought I'd write a quick review to describe what I thought of the kit and the installation procedure on a Fusion.

I decided to go with a high quality kit instead of the cheap kits on Ebay that burn out in 2 months. I bought the kit from www.xenonexpert.com . Their pricing is excellent, the quality is first rate, but the most important aspect is that the service is top notch. The kit carries a lifetime warranty I dealt with Oliver from the beginning. He helped me with my decision, the ordering process, and also walked me through the installation, which I now pass on to you.

First and foremost, the kit is plug and play, meaning no soldering, cutting, or splicing of wires is necessary. Total install time was about 30 minutes, but I will break it down for those of you who just have no clue. :)

Overall, I am extremely pleased with this kit. The lighting is awesome compared to stock. I re-aimed the headlights after the install so that it wouldn't blind oncoming drivers, and to make sure of this, I made my girlfriend park 200 ft away to tell me if it was too bright. I love the 5000K color. It is bright white and will hint blue at certain angles. The install was a breeze, and I know that if there are ever any problems, it is covered under warranty for life. If you're considering HID's, do yourself a favor and skip the cheaper ebay kits. This kit is worth every penny.

There are other kits on their website as well to suit your specific needs. The prices are great at each level, and you can count on them for customer service.
[/quote]

I am surprised you got such good customer service from them. One of the bulbs I received from them was broken and they haven't been replying to my email for days. I'm starting to think that they are ignoring me and refusing to honor their warranty.

301 - 320 of 340 Posts