FordFusionClub.com banner

281 - 300 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
[quote author=Whit3kryptonite link=topic=60924.msg2870902#msg2870902 date=1232201594]
So is there a HOW TO for the V6?
[/quote]

Sure, but no pics
1) Get a phillips screwdriver and undo the screw that holds both access panels in the front wheel wells and set panels aside.
2) Find a place where you would like to mount your ballasts and clean it real well (this will give it time to dry before you attempt to attach the ballasts)
3) Remove the stock halogen bulb from the headlight housing and disconnect the wiring (you will need to remove the dust cap also)
4) Plug your new bulbs into your ballast (very simple, it only goes together one way)
5) Cut a slit in the dust cap and route the bulbs and wiring through so you'll have a seemless finish.
6) CAREFULLY take the cover off your new bulbs and install them in the headlight housing.
7) Once everything is to this point give it a test! Turn them on and admire how good they look.
8a) If they are working, Congratulations!
8b) If they are not working check ALL your connections and try again.
9) You can install the dust cap and mount your ballasts using 3M automotive mounting tape.
10) Don't forget to reinstall the access panels in the wheel wells
11) Enjoy your new lights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you very much now im debating which HID kit I should go with. My old HIDS never lasted longer then 2 years but then again I bought them off ebay for $80.00.

·
Registered
201 Posts
[quote author=Whit3kryptonite link=topic=60924.msg2871016#msg2871016 date=1232207282]
Thank you very much now im debating which HID kit I should go with. My old HIDS never lasted longer then 2 years but then again I bought them off ebay for $80.00.
[/quote]

what happened to them after 2 years??

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
[quote author=hashim.alsader link=topic=60924.msg2872420#msg2872420 date=1232270499]
[quote author=Whit3kryptonite link=topic=60924.msg2871016#msg2871016 date=1232207282]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They become self-aware and start killing everybody they see

·
Registered
201 Posts
haha killer HIDs right there mate! :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
[quote author=hashim.alsader link=topic=60924.msg2872420#msg2872420 date=1232270499]
[/quote]

[/quote]

The ballast's no longer held up due to the heat and cold living in the North.

·
Registered
27 Posts
well what ever that you do dont order from xenonexpert.com, one there really is no way to get a hold of them if u write them it takes a good few days just to reply to a simple question, two i ordered from them in december and there was a problem with the kit i have the full lifetime warranty and they want to act like they dont wanna replace my kit which isnt working right, and on top of that talking to me like i dont know shit about cars. really bad experience, there is another site post a few pages ago in this thread that has the same exact kit for the same price and i ordered from them before with very good experience, i had a problem with what i ordered but there was a number i could atleast call to get a hold of them and they more than happily changed out that part for a new one only took two days to get the ok that they would exchange it no a month and so.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well, guess it looks like I got fucked with about $200 from this guy. I have yet to hear a response from him, I have responded to his thread and have e-mailed him and still no response. I want my products replaced and offered to even pay shipping both ways. I will not quit bothering till I get what I want. AND THEYSHOULD be replaced. I mean my ballasts are having lots of trouble firing the lights up now and my BOW's made my message center worse. I seriously think these products weren't even brand new when I got them. That is probably the problem, probably someone else's junk when they turned it in for warranty. I just want them to be replaced, it's not too hard to do that. Maybe if he competes with prices and actually has good customer service (as he was doing pretty well with before), he'd be having great business. I'm just tired of this shit, and you guys think waiting a few weeks is bad, try months...

·
Registered
201 Posts
[quote author=5spdSEL52 link=topic=60924.msg2893785#msg2893785 date=1233081165]
Well, guess it looks like I got fucked with about $200 from this guy. I have yet to hear a response from him, I have responded to his thread and have e-mailed him and still no response. I want my products replaced and offered to even pay shipping both ways. I will not quit bothering till I get what I want. AND THEYSHOULD be replaced. I mean my ballasts are having lots of trouble firing the lights up now and my BOW's made my message center worse. I seriously think these products weren't even brand new when I got them. That is probably the problem, probably someone else's junk when they turned it in for warranty. I just want them to be replaced, it's not too hard to do that. Maybe if he competes with prices and actually has good customer service (as he was doing pretty well with before), he'd be having great business. I'm just tired of this shit, and you guys think waiting a few weeks is bad, try months...
[/quote]

damn everybody is having trouble with this online crap, y dont u guys buy from a local place that also offers warranty and all that crap; like i did. anytime i would have a problem id just drive 30 minutes and sit at their desk till i get it done, thats the best u can do i guess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
10 Pages ago, I was super excited about ordering these.

Now, with the decline of positive thread responses (and the decline of the Sponsor's participation in the thread)... I am very reluctant.

Has anyone had any RECENT transaction exp with Oliver @ Xenonexpert?
or even with TheRPMStore?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
[quote author=deevlo link=topic=60924.msg2896510#msg2896510 date=1233175949]
10 Pages ago, I was super excited about ordering these.

Now, with the decline of positive thread responses (and the decline of the Sponsor's participation in the thread)... I am very reluctant.

Has anyone had any RECENT transaction exp with Oliver @ Xenonexpert?
or even with TheRPMStore?
[/quote]
I got a good product from Oliver but shitty customer service. therpmstore on the other hand, I've had nothing but positive experience. They actually have a phone number on their website and it leads to a real live person (go figure!) I bought some BOW eliminators from them and they didn't work. Guy busted his ass getting me replacemnts from Apexcone. Go with therpmstore

·
Registered
15 Posts
What are "BOW eliminators?"

Is that the thing that disregards the message I've been hearing about in your dash about needeing to check your left/right headlamp?

Will I need to worry about that with the 2009's?

Why does it trigger it? Is it because of the lower wattage (35w) of the kit? And if that's the case, will the 50-55w kits be any better for this problem?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
[quote author=deevlo link=topic=60924.msg2896610#msg2896610 date=1233179347]
What are "BOW eliminators?"

Is that the thing that disregards the message I've been hearing about in your dash about needeing to check your left/right headlamp?

Will I need to worry about that with the 2009's?

Why does it trigger it? Is it because of the lower wattage (35w) of the kit? And if that's the case, will the 50-55w kits be any better for this problem?
[/quote]

BOW stands for "Bulb Out Warning" eliminator, and yes, it's to get rid of the error messages in the dash. I would imagine you would need it for the '09, if you get the 35W kit. The Fusion uses 55W for the halogens, and a lot of people who have gotten the 55W HID kit don't have the error messages. You will have intense glare for other drivers because the 55 is MUCH brighter than the 35

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, if I got the 55W and jumped to something like the 8K do you think it would balance out?

I heard that it washes the color a bit, and since there's less light output on higher ratings... it seems that it would.

·
Registered
27 Posts
im not sure when 5spdSEL52 ordered from him but i ordered from him in december, you could look back in the thread to see where i posted that i ordered and when i got it, it took longer than i thought to get here he said they were back ordered but still got here in time for christmas, but to this date i still have yet to have my kit replaced he said something about i would have to pay 10 dollars for them to run a test on it and more than likely it is just for them to tell me that there is nothing wrong when this kit isnt working on multiply cars, i ended up ordering a kit from therpmstore.com and they were the best to work with and the talking to a real person part is a plus. oliver wont take my kit back and give me a refund because he said the kit could be defective!!!!! ( i wonder what gave him that idea that it was defective, could be cause its not working like it should )

·
Registered
596 Posts
I ordered mine about mid-september. They are working just fine, but nothing seems to be working great in the cold (HID's don't fire up right away...but that is because the ballasts are warming up...and car rattles, etc (not just the HID's)). Anyway, Matt is finally sending me new BOW's, which I pray they work because I didn't know anyone else had problems with their BOW's but me. I also seem to be the ONLY person who gets the BLINKING "CHeck LH" every 5-10 seconds or so when I put the BOW's in. But it was nice of Matt to go ahead and send me a new pair. The only problem is that is took months, only because of testing with them, oh well they are comming in a few days and will update. In a way, I never get "lucky" when I work on my car...something always gets fucked up in the process of installing or the outcome lol. At least the only thing I let pros do on my car is window tint, and that came out great. BUT ANYWAY, what these companies REALLY NEED is a 1-800 number to actually get a hold of them. That makes them much more reputable and have better service to potential and existing customers. COMMUNICATION is KEY when ordering online, and some companies don't seem to get that straight! Americans, like myself, ARE NOT PATIENT. These are just the facts of life. Anyone else agree? :)

281 - 300 of 340 Posts