FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will 500 rims fit on the fusion? Also there was someone on here with the 500 rims, does anyone have pics of that? Also it would be nice to see if anyone has gotten there stock 17's chromed. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
A few months ago I bought a set of 17" Montego wheels on eBay to run on my Milan (replacing my stock 16" steelies). I went to install them tonight and found that they don't fit. The lug pattern is fine, but the hub bore diameter is too small, so the wheel would draw up to the hub face. I'm pretty confused at the moment because I researched the hub bores on both cars before I made the purchase and concluded these wheels would fit. I tried two different wheels on both a front and real hub with no luck. Now I have a set of Montego wheels to unload.

Anyone have a similar experience?

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote author=springer03 link=topic=85314.msg1669702#msg1669702 date=1188120286]
You need these than your rims will fit.
http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Adapter_5_Lug_4_5_To_5_Lug_4_5_p/5450-5450.htm
The hub centric is larger on Milan, 67.1 Montego is 63.5
Machine shop can bore if you don't want adapters.
[/quote]

Do you know if a one inch thick adapter can be mounted on the original lug studs with stock lug nuts and not interfere with the wheel? I am thinking the studs will stick out of the face of the adapter. Also it looks like the adapters provide no hub centering shoulder at all. Are there problems with off-center mounting with these adapters?

I got a decent deal on these wheels, but I doubt I will drop another $140 on adapters. I'll check out the option of having them machined or else just re-sell them and try again with different wheels that will actually fit my car.

Thanks for the help. It is nice to see another I4 Milan on the forum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am back, I have a write up on spacers and lugs tires size that works. send me a note I will email pictures

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts