FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on the internet while searching info for the strut tower bars for Ford Fusion V6 SEL.
Just want to share this as it was a surprise to me to find this 4-Piston caliper brake kit system.

I really don't know why they call them brake kit system if they don't change the stock master cylinder.
I don't know if Brembo brake system change the stock master cylinder, but i think that they change
them.

And it will be nice if the set, for that price include the rear brakes not just the front.

Here is the link: http://www.hopupracing.com/ro4pifrbigbr1.html

·
Registered
702 Posts
That's awesome, but look at the price!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Good stuff but the price is definetly steep.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
That shop is only 15-20mins. from my house and a 5min. drive from my work. Sometime this week I'll go check it out and see if there is any flexibility on the price or why it is so much.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
UE, yes, let us know. If you can't get them to budge, see if they offer just the rotors for sale and what the price is on that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=78742.msg1457482#msg1457482 date=1180909408]
That shop is only 15-20mins. from my house and a 5min. drive from my work. Sometime this week I'll go check it out and see if there is any flexibility on the price or why it is so much.
[/quote]
I only want the Stainless-Steel Braided Brake Lines. I already have new rotors and pads. Check if they can give us any priced.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote author=Blackbet link=topic=78742.msg1458606#msg1458606 date=1180953142]
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=78742.msg1457482#msg1457482 date=1180909408]
[/quote]
I only want the Stainless-Steel Braided Brake Lines. I already have new rotors and pads. Check if they can give us any priced.

Thanks
[/quote]

I second that I just want the brake lines that is all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=dogma555 link=topic=78742.msg1464115#msg1464115 date=1181083118]
[quote author=Blackbet link=topic=78742.msg1458606#msg1458606 date=1180953142]
[/quote]

Thanks
[/quote]

I second that I just want the brake lines that is all.
[/quote]

Hi,

I e-mail them to see what's the price on the brake lines.
They reply and the price that they gave me was $165.00 Shipped.
And that price is for the front and rear lines. I ask them if they could give me,
or give us a better price. Because a few people here are interested, just in the
brake line. Let's see what they will say.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
The price is pretty firm for the kit. It appears that's the going price for those. As for the brake lines, they told me front and rear is $165 shipped anywhere in the US or $149 if picked up from the store.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=78742.msg1464451#msg1464451 date=1181090245]
The price is pretty firm for the kit. It appears that's the going price for those. As for the brake lines, they told me front and rear is $165 shipped anywhere in the US or $149 if picked up from the store.
[/quote]

You also ask?

Nice than. Did you told them about us.
If they can give us a price?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Yeah, their shop is really close by. I'm going to go back and maybe talk with someone more in management. When I went, there were just 2 people working that couldn't make those kinds of decisions.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
UE, what about the rotors? Did you get to ask them about that? I'm looking for a quality set of aftermarket rotors...

Blackbet,dogma, what aftermarket rotors did you install on your vehicles?

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=78742.msg1464842#msg1464842 date=1181099271]
UE, what about the rotors? Did you get to ask them about that? I'm looking for a quality set of aftermarket rotors...

Blackbet,dogma, what aftermarket rotors did you install on your vehicles?
[/quote]

As soon as I get a firm answer on the EBC rotors I will most likely go with those.......but if Rotora will break apart a set (not going to happen) or if they will sell the rotors by themselves I would rather have those. I work for a speed shop but we sell mostly to truck (diesel and gas) owners since that is what we specialize in, occasionally I come across a vendor that we have that stock this kind of thing i.e. buybrakes.com and what not but I have called those guys and they have no part #'s for SS brake lines.

I live in So Cal UnderEstimated so if you get a kit please let me know and I will drive down there and pick some up for sure.

Honestly in my eyes other than just curb appeal the stock brakes on this car are ample for the average driver. To drop that kind of coin on an aftermarket kit is a bit much. I have run Power Slot brakes and Hawk pads for a long time w/ SS lines on what cars I could and that was PLENTY more than enough. I am not the kind of driver that will need to go from 120 to 0 in a matter of seconds (unless it's a weekend and I am on the 5 freeway) I have to admit that the kit is pretty tits and all but that is just a grip of money and I don't even have a turbo kit or a plan on one just yet. I think that getting the SS lines should be the most important thing right now and waiting for Power Slot to make their rotors or whatever. Once again that is just my thoughts on the matter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,

I have the EBC 3GD Sport Rotors, here is a link: http://www.ebcbrakes.com/rotorinfo.html
And here are the pics from the discs that I received front and rear. The black ones are the front.

UnderEstimated tell them that four people here are interested for sure. You can tell them that Jose
(is me) also ask them about the brake lines.

I don't think is necessary to change the calipers on this car. As for me they are fine.

But take a look at the price on this brake system, only the front $3,395.
For that price I just go and trade in the car for the Lincoln MKZ.
http://www.livermoreperformance.com/ford_brake_kits.html

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=78742.msg1465872#msg1465872 date=1181144687]
I'll stop by on Friday and see what I can do.
[/quote]

They reply to me today and told me this:

"Hi - That is the best we can do on this. If you want to order them you can call your order in. 760-942-2503

-Steve
Hop Up Racing"

Well let's see what happen with UnderEstimated. People try to contact them to see if they can lower the price for us.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=dogma555 link=topic=78742.msg1465841#msg1465841 date=1181143930]
I have never seen a set of sport rotors that were black???? How did you manage to pull that off?
[/quote]

That's the Million Dollar Question and a Secret. If I tell you I would have to kill You.
Ha, Ha, Ha, Just kidding. They come like that as they are Black Zinc Coated completely,
to Prevent Corrosion. But after installing the Disc the Black go off and it just stay black in the
Blind drilled holes and the Cross drilled area.

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote author=Blackbet link=topic=78742.msg1470925#msg1470925 date=1181308088]
[quote author=dogma555 link=topic=78742.msg1465841#msg1465841 date=1181143930]
I have never seen a set of sport rotors that were black???? How did you manage to pull that off?
[/quote]

That's the Million Dollar Question and a Secret. If I tell you I would have to kill You.
Ha, Ha, Ha, Just kidding. They come like that as they are Black Zinc Coated completely,
to Prevent Corrosion. But after installing the Disc the Black go off and it just stay black in the
Blind drilled holes and the Cross drilled area.

[/quote]

I called one of my guys over at BuyBrakes.com and he told me that they will be black in the dimples (like their black dash series rotors) but that they didn't come full black like yours. I do have to admit that it a pretty sweet look, just too bad that they don't stay that way. As long as they fit the damn car then I am all over them when I have to do my brake service.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts