FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, with my 4 cylinder on 10w30. I got about 21-22 mpg.

Now with 5w20, I get about 25 mpg.

So any 4 cylinders, what gas mileage do you guys get. Please, do not post if you drive on the highway everyday for week, unless it's less then 2 miles.
I can't stress that enough, no highway people. Just people who drive around in the city. Thank you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
How many miles do you have on it? manual or auto? I have 2900 on mine, had my first oil change at 2500 and will use the recommended 5w20 from Motorcraft (it's highly rated and a very good oil from my reserch). Anyway, to answer your question, I have a life long mileage according to the car computer of 27.1, which I'm happy with. I figure I'm about 4-5mpg better than if i had the V6, which no doubt is more fun to drive and toss around. It has been climbing slowly but steadily but seems to be leveling off (winter is coming on and the colder mornings will affect it). I use 10% blend ethanol fuel, too, since here in Iowa that is the norm. My split between highway and in town is probably close to 50/50. When my wife drives it and has a 25 mile highway round trip commute once she gets out of town everyday. And, we are probably normal drivers, meaning we don't do jack rabbit starts. Good luck..keep us posted.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I am getting about 28.5 right now. I have the 4 cylinder 5 speed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was getting about 23.5, all around town. i just drove up to northern PA from south jersey and it was about 230 miles. just filled up today for the 1st time from the trip 425 miles on the tank and the car computer said 28.1 MPG. the other 195 miles were all around town

·
Registered
112 Posts
I drive 12 miles one way to base everyday. I drive through the countryside, not on the freeway. Speed limit here in England is 30 mph in villages and 60 outside of villages. I go through 5 villages on the way to base and a few round abouts that I usually have to stop at. Constantly changing my speeds between 30 and 60 doesn't help my mileage, but I average 24-26 mpg during this commute. When I drive on the freeway I never get higher than 29 mpg. The computer says I average 27 mpg in the city and 32 on the freeway, but I always calculate it myself when I fill up, and I always use the same pump. I thought the computer would get more accurate as the car got more miles on it, but I now have 12,500 miles and it hasn't changed since new. BTW I have the 4-cyl auto, I run mobile 1 synthetic, and the only gas sold here is 95 octane. I know the car is designed for 87 octane, but I'm stuck with the 95. I dont know if mileage would improve with the 87, but it runs great on the 95.

·
Registered
148 Posts
highway ppl rule!!!

im getting 24 mpg consitantly with 80% highway

i think doing 80 mph on the highway cancels out any fuel milage benifits it gives, but anyways... how can i get it to that 32? slow down?!

but yea i have the 5 speed and like 5555 miles

·
Registered
799 Posts
ceiph,

Check your tires, (I run 34-36 psi) and accelerate easy. I do 80 MPH often and average 29 MPG.

RymanH24,

Why did you run 10W30? The general increase most mfrs find by switching from a 30W to a 20W is 1/10 of 1 MPG. It helps with with C.A.F.E. ratings but we'll never notice the difference.
Here is The oil forum:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.