FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first oil change on my 4 banger a few days ago. What a pain the ass. Well maybe not that bad, but I wish it were much easier. The oil pan drain plug is obviously easy, not hard to access. The oil filter isn't hard to access either. But since I don't the exact oil filter wrench to get the cap off I had to go buy a strap wrench and prey that I don't crack the cap. I was very careful, man they put that thing on there tight. I got it off and changed the filter. The small O-ring on the drain plug was a pain to get off since it fit so tight but the new one went on there fine. I then put the cap back on and tightened it but made sure it wasn't too tight. Can't torque it down to specs with a strap wrench lol. So far no leaks and I've gone 100 miles. I'm ordering the right wrench for next time though.

·
Registered
610 Posts
What exactly is "the right wrench" for the 4 cylinder oil filter? I saw some oil filter sockets today at AutoZone but I am not sure if they are intended for use on our plastic filter housing.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Does anyone have the answer to my question below?

[quote author=Metallicat link=topic=48024.msg750263#msg750263 date=1149286639]
What exactly is "the right wrench" for the 4 cylinder oil filter?  I saw some oil filter sockets today at AutoZone but I am not sure if they are intended for use on our plastic filter housing. 
[/quote]

·
Registered
580 Posts
[quote author=Metallicat link=topic=48024.msg770248#msg770248 date=1150386695]
Does anyone have the answer to my question below? 

[quote author=Metallicat link=topic=48024.msg750263#msg750263 date=1149286639]
What exactly is "the right wrench" for the 4 cylinder oil filter?  I saw some oil filter sockets today at AutoZone but I am not sure if they are intended for use on our plastic filter housing. 
[/quote]
[/quote]

Here is the proper socket for the oil filter (75.6 mm). For installiation, it’s to be torqued to 24 foot lbs. I have since checked that 75.6 mm figure and it looks like the tool company measured from the tip of the hex to the tip of the hex. Measuring from flat to flat is about 74.9 mm, which is a propper measurement.

http://www.mactools.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNum=OF903

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.