FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK since i put the spoiler on and had a brake light in that i have been wanting to remove the factory 3rd brake light. Thanks to Jaysen for the idea for cutting out some metal stock and painting it as a cover plate. Here is what i made what do you guys think? Will get some pix of it installed later. It is close to the factory color carpet in the rear. The car is black so if figured the black Ford sticker with chrome on it should look good. Now i just have to figure out how i want to mount it. Glue or maybe screws will post more when it is 100% done.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well, me personally I would only find a piece of carpet like that in the rear that is the same color to cover the mess left over after the removal. The metal plate would stick out too much for me, especially with the logo on it. It would be like a naked woman in a shower full of naked men (stick out like a sore thumb) :exnbp:. But that is my opinion. Make it work and please post pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks good. I definitely want to see some photos of it installed.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=71321.msg1254394#msg1254394 date=1173294433]
Well, me personally I would only find a piece of carpet like that in the rear that is the same color to cover the mess left over after the removal. The metal plate would stick out too much for me, especially with the logo on it. It would be like a naked woman in a shower full of naked men (stick out like a sore thumb) :exnbp:. But that is my opinion. Make it work and please post pics.
[/quote]

i did the carpet already and did not like the way it looked because it sits up to high so i was tring to come up with something that would sit down

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Sweet, I like the idea of the removal. I plan on doing something like this aswell. The new plate looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=71321.msg1261644#msg1261644 date=1173654108]
Lookin good!
[/quote]

i need to shape it a little more because one of the corners in up a little higher than the others but not a biggy. I am sure most people would not notice it but i am kinda anal about my cars :lol:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Looks pretty good. 8)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Hey that looks better than I thought it would. I just came up with another option. How about cutting out that spot (or mabe leaving it there), find a nice looking speaker grill the same color as the carpet and placing it in that spot to imitate having a speaker there. If I decide to get the wing with the brake light, I will try that, but I am thinking about the lip wing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.