FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard from a lot of people that the 3d carbon REAR LIP SPOILER, has started to rip off on its ends from the trunk surface. I used the 3M supplied by 3D carbon and I am also having this problem (it is ripping off). Can I have any suggestions on how can I make it to hold in there? What have others with this same problem done to resolve the issue? Is there a good adhesive out there that I can use?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
How long has your spoiler been on? I know its been discussed before that after a year they have been pulling up in the heat.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its been about a year..that's correct....
after a long winter here in ohio..and now the summer, its pulling up on the corners..what can I do ? :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
remove it with some solvent and re apply it with double sided tape, not much you can do.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
solvent?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=Oreo link=topic=78824.msg1443247#msg1443247 date=1180408721]
solvent?
[/quote]

Just need something to remove the old adhesive before you lay the new tape down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=78824.msg1443745#msg1443745 date=1180443514]
[quote author=Oreo link=topic=78824.msg1443247#msg1443247 date=1180408721]
solvent?
[/quote]

Just need something to remove the old adhesive before you lay the new tape down.
[/quote]

Yah sorry i was not more clear you need a solvent to remove the old adhesive, if you go to any auto part store / wallymart etc you should be able to find a cleaning product that removes Tar and things like that which are safe for car paint. If you dont want to buy a solvent you can wait for the car to get hot in the sun and use some windex.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Mine peeled up, I re-applied and then it started peeling up once again. It sucks.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Goo-gone works well to take off the old adhesive. It's non-toxic and is citrus based, so it won't damage your paint.

·
Registered
596 Posts
interesting enough, it has been a year and a half since I bought/installed the M3 style lip and i still holds strong at all ends and parts of the lip....

If I were you, I'd contact 3D Carbon...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes but you live in California, I have harsh winters.

The dealer didn't install it so I don't know what to do? Probably a bodyshop, but grr more $ for something so simple.

·
Registered
288 Posts
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=78824.msg1454638#msg1454638 date=1180740459]
Mine peeled up, I re-applied and then it started peeling up once again. It sucks.
[/quote]

+1

... chances are Ford noticed this and decided on their own spoiler, thus the different '08 spoiler.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just noticed mine has again, separated from the trunk. 2nd time. Real bad.

I guess I haven't noticed much since it's on the passenger side and I haven't used my trunk much.

Regardless, it'll be interesting to see what is done on their part.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.