FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I bought my '07 Fusion SE I4 on May 1st, I havent had a good radio in it. The (nighttime driving) lights do not work, it changes stations when you use the steering wheel controls (no matter what button your press), and it randomly starts on a different station when you start the car. The last 2 radios have had these results. The first one started out with a different problem.

Now it has been in the shop since last week. It will be 6 days Monday. They gave me a Taurus as a loaner (and it drives like a fat pig). I hope they fix my Fusion soon. The only consolation is that I am now putting quite a few miles on their car and not mine.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I noticed something weird on mine (06) the other day too. Turned off the car and the cd carousel just kept turning like it was moving when it searches for a cd. First time its happened. I dunno?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They finally fixed it. They figured out that the new player had to be programmed to see the different button resistances as different commands. The input signal from the steering control was always interpreted as "change station" until it was programmed properly..

·
Registered
108 Posts
ya was gonna say sounds like they are not programming the new radio when it is getting installed. they prob did not know any radio with the steering wheel controls has to be programmed.

also HALO - take it to the dealer they should order you a new exchange radio if your vech is still under warranty. we've seen that on alot of radio's lately not just the fusions

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Will do..thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
[quote author=pantherdan link=topic=83344.msg1559978#msg1559978 date=1184560250]...They gave me a Taurus as a loaner (and it drives like a fat pig). [/quote]You don't like the Taurus? :shock: I always thought the Fusion rode and handled like a much bigger car, but I loves my Taurus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts