FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a hesitation starting off from a stop with my 3.0L V6. It happens during the first 30 seconds or so when I start car after it has cooled off. After that it is fine. I noticed a tsb for the I-4 that describes the same issue I have, but I have the V6. Anyone else have this happen to them? It is a very minor annoyance, and I only notice it when Ipark on the street at work and take off 10-15seconds after I start the engine.

·
Registered
817 Posts
No hesitation here. 2007 SEL AWD with 3,000 miles, purchased Dec. 4, 2006. Sounds like you may need a Powertrain Computer Module re-flash.

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a 2007 SE that I own. It has an assembly date of 10/06. The TSB talks about cars assembled before that. Is it possible the software is still not the most current?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'd try to get the reflash anyway. Don't tell them about the TSB, just describe it exactly as it is in the TSB so when they search their computer they'll find an exact match. They might not even look at your assemble date. I'm taking mine in for the second reflash tomorrow, I hope they will do it. I won't be mad if they don't because it actually drives just find, I'm one of those people that always like to have the newest drivers and software(but no, I don't have vista yet, XP is just fine for the time being). Just remember that I have the i4, so it's a little different then yours.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Mine seems to have a lag to when trying to accelerate from a stop or really just any time. Especially when going from standstill. I'm hoping my dealer will do the reflashes and my car will work better. I'm also one of those people who likes to run the latest software (and hardware!)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Some of the lag on the 2.3 is lack of low end torque at full throttle, the TSB helps, but doesn't solve the problem. I too have had my car reflashed twice.

·
Registered
410 Posts
[quote author=Roscoe_Burdick link=topic=77374.msg1406407#msg1406407 date=1179062325]
I have noticed a hesitation starting off from a stop with my 3.0L V6. It happens during the first 30 seconds or so when I start car after it has cooled off. After that it is fine. I noticed a tsb for the I-4 that describes the same issue I have, but I have the V6. Anyone else have this happen to them? It is a very minor annoyance, and I only notice it when Ipark on the street at work and take off 10-15seconds after I start the engine.
[/quote]
Mine acts similar to yours, but only if I'm in a hurry and jump in and go, and that is only on the initial acceleration after backing out of the driveway, after that no problem. If I let it warm up a minute or so it's fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i believe part of it is becuase the fusion is drive by wire is it not?

throttle is controlled electronically when you push the gas pedal down. i know there is some lag from when you hit the gas till the car accelerates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts