FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have good pics of the Magnaflow installed on the V6? I'm not really much of a fan of the large exhaust tips that are popular nowadays and actually like the stealthiness and look of the stock tips.

Also, I know this is very subjective, but how would you rate the drone or interior resonance? Back in 95 when I got my first new car, I bought a Probe GT with an auto. First thing I did was get the Borla catback. Although I loved the way it sounded at WOT, at cruising speeds of 55-75, it had the most annoying drone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Well it does sound pretty good compared to others I've heard some of them disgust me (especially when they idle) or they can be obnoxiously loud when floored. I'd buy these for the extra power/bragging rights and sound but I already have the chrome tips from SEL package and well 530 dollars I won't be doing this for awhile

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I can snap some pictures of mine tonight when I get home, or tomorrow if it's too dark.

As for the sound, it's loud but not too loud for me. If you have the radio at normal levels, you probably won't even hear the exhaust. Outside of the car it's nice, deep, and mellow. I really like it and it doesn't sound cheap or "ricey".

...And just today, my co-worker walked up to me and said "Do you have a V8 in that thing? It sounds beasty." Such a great compliment. 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=75378.msg1370360#msg1370360 date=1177708765]
I can snap some pictures of mine tonight when I get home, or tomorrow if it's too dark.

As for the sound, it's loud but not too loud for me. If you have the radio at normal levels, you probably won't even hear the exhaust. Outside of the car it's nice, deep, and mellow. I really like it and it doesn't sound cheap or "ricey".

...And just today, my co-worker walked up to me and said "Do you have a V8 in that thing? It sounds beasty." Such a great compliment. 8)
[/quote]

Hey that would be cool. Post them when you have a chance (rear view shot if possible).

Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts

In my opinion, they should have put this size tip on them from the factory. The Magnaflow fits perfectly making the stock SEL tips look retarded and too little.

I didn't have any pictures of the back of the car with the MAgNaflow though, just that one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=KaBooM link=topic=75378.msg1406434#msg1406434 date=1179063451]
I didn't have any pictures of the back of the car with the MAgNaflow though, just that one.
[/quote]

Cool. Thanks. Nice pic.

·
Registered
264 Posts
UnderEstimated, us a pry bar and bend your left side exhaust hanger to make the exhaust even with the lower right side. I had to do the same thing with my stock exhaust and the Mag.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=75378.msg1410848#msg1410848 date=1179214463]
Very nice rig you have there!
[/quote]

Ditto...and thanks for snapping the pics for me!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
[quote author=KaBooM link=topic=75378.msg1412858#msg1412858 date=1179269846]
UnderEstimated, us a pry bar and bend your left side exhaust hanger to make the exhaust even with the lower right side. I had to do the same thing with my stock exhaust and the Mag.
[/quote]

Will do! Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote author=larryinfl link=topic=75378.msg1469559#msg1469559 date=1181252692]
The exhaust fits even nicer with the 3D Carbon kit. :)

[/quote]

ooooooooooh! THECKTHY!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts