FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Fusion I4 about 3 months ago and decided I want to put rims on it. I am a big rim lover and preferably like 20-22's. I decided to go with 20's but a few family members and friends think I should do 22's. I like the idea of 22's but from what I have been reading I don't think they will fit but then again I don't know much about cars. I am also worried about the MPG and know that could change it and most likely will. I think 20's wouldn't do that much damage hopefully only 1mpg but I don't know about 22's. Also will a lift kit (1-2 inches) affect the mpg? I am also concerned about rubbing. Will 22's fit on the Fusion?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I hate to rock your boat but going to 20's might take 3-4MPG off your car(you said i4 right). Make sure to reprogram your computer so it knows the bigger tire size!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yea, lift kit. There was this guy that came in to my work and had 22's on his car. He put plastic spacers on his front suspension and he still had rubbing. He was in there for an alignment and we couldn't do it for him because he had wore out all his steering equipment and his rack and pinion was leaking bad. :dur: I just couldn't help but laugh at him and his car. :rofl:

·
Registered
36 Posts
dude i'm sorry, but personally, i think that if you need to lift your car in order to fit big wheels, then the wheels are too big. stick with 19's or 20's and you should be fine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm telling you, there is a guy who has 22s and he did NOT have to lift anything. He also stated that there is no rubbing. I personally think 22s are ridiculous on these vehicles but to each their own.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
22s will not fit without lifting the car. Even if you ran or could find a 225/25/22 Which I don't think would happen

·
Registered
23 Posts
22s will not fit without rubbing trust me...i work at a tire shop and they will NOT fit...i have 20s on mine it looks clean...i did test fit 22s and one it looks stupid...and 2 they dont fit.

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you can find 235/35-40/22s , go for it(good luck, your going to need it as most places wont bother stocking this size).. then they wont rub, and thats how that Zephyr did it. You'll regret it as they will wear fast and kill your gas.. 20s are fine.. heck, save your cash and get 18s and a 3Dcarbon/SS bodykit, your car will look sharper.. if your going after looks.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I just received my 20s this weekend. I hope to have them on today. I test fitted the front to check for rubbing. They fit like a puzzle piece. 22s however, you would definitely have to lift the car. And I agree, if you have to lift your car to put rims on, they are too big.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts