FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mom bought her 2018 fusion almost 2yrs ago with 15k. It always had a slight vibration sometimes starting at 40mph, getting worse 60-70 maybe 75, not bad 75-80+ but still noticable. Got an alignment, still there. It now has just under 50k. It burned through the factory tires by 30k, got her a set of falkens and second alignment, toasted those by 40k. Got her a used set of used hankook and an alignment until figured out the problem. Ford sent us to a quick lane, they said the front struts and rear shocks where bad. The fronts covered under extended warranty. I went to do the rear shocks and mounts, they were fine. I suspect the front struts were fine too. Got the car back after another alignment, vibration still there and now its making a noise soon as drove the car from the shop. Theh also said one of the rear bolts was siezed when they tried to align it. Found one of the strut bolts loose. I tightened that, noise came back a day later. Took it back they said it was a bad endlink. Ordered that, in the meantime we called ford to bring it to them instead of back to their quicklane a 3rd or 4th time. When ford finally got it in, they said there was no bad endlink, and quick lane forgot to put one of the insulators in the front left. Freed the siezed bolt, got the alignment right, still had the vibration. Couple weeks later i did front pads n rotors cause i noticed the vibration was getting worse applying the breaks at highways speeds. After the brakes the vibration was present but not bad. Couple weeks later started getting worse.

Now its real bad. So i go to rotate the tires, rear right is toast on the inside. Get another brand new set of tires and alignment.

So the car got an alignment 11/10/21
Before
Left front right front
Camber -1.1 -0.8
Caster 3.4 3.6
Toe 0.96 -0.53
Total toe 0.43
Steer ahead 0.75

Left rear right rear
Camber -1.3 -2.3
Toe 0.06 0.15
Total toe 0.21
Thrust angle -0.05

After
Left front right front
Camber -1.2 -0.9
Caster 3.4 3.6
Toe 0.08 0.13
Total toe 0.22
Steer ahead -0.03

Left rear right rear
Camber -1.4 -2.3
Toe 0.06 0.16
Total toe .22
Thrust angle -0.05

So basically when got the car back all that was wrong was the right rear camber. I got a camber bolt and put it in the front/outer bolt of the upper control arm then messed with the rear eccentric bolt for the lower control arm. When i put the wheel back on n back on the wrong the top of the tire was way way in, -camber. So i took the wheel off and messed with it a little more, put the wheel back on, looked pretty good. Sent it for an alignment. So now this is 9 days after the alignment/specs above.
11/19/21
Before
LF RF
CAMBER -0.8 -1.0
CASTER 3.6 3.3
TOE 0.22 0.24
TOTAL TOE 0.46
STEER AHEAD -0.01

LR RR
CAMBER -0.9 -1.5
TOE 0.08 1.25
TOTAL TOE 1.34
THRUST ANGLE -0.58

AFTER
LF RF
CAMBER -0.8 -0.9
CASTER 3.6 3.3
TOE 0.25 0.21
TOTAL TOE 0.46
STEER AHEAD 0.02

LR RR
CAMBER -0.9 -2.1
TOE 0.14 0.17
TOTAL TOE 0.31
THRUST ANGLE -0.02

I never touched the front. All I did was put the rear right camber bolt and messed with the eccentric bolt on the lower control arm. Some how 9 days later now not one but both front jam nuts are frozen. No problem adjusting the front 9days ago, but now they cant adjust the front. After installing the camber bolt, i had the camber pretty good, but the toe off. They couldnt get the camber right even with the new camber bolt, but got the toe right. But how does the front get that far off in 9 days? Especially if the jam nuts are frozen! These were the 4th and 5th alignments on this car and 4th set of tires. Got the car with 15k now has just under 50k. Why is the alignment constantly going out so fast? Has anyone else had problems with these cars/this platform not holding alignments?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts