FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home tonight my 2018 fusion started making a weird noise and vibration. I thought it was a brake issue but when I stopped and got out it was the fuel tank cap releasing pressure every 5-10 seconds. Started to idle very rough and if you let the rpms drop from and high rev it stalls out completely. Any help is appreciated as I’m not finding it online anywhere as a common problem. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,833 Posts
On my way home tonight my 2018 fusion started making a weird noise and vibration. I thought it was a brake issue but when I stopped and got out it was the fuel tank cap releasing pressure every 5-10 seconds. Started to idle very rough and if you let the rpms drop from and high rev it stalls out completely. Any help is appreciated as I’m not finding it online anywhere as a common problem. Thanks
Hi Tj. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Club and sorry to hear you are having issues.

Is your 2018 Fusion still within the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty or 5 year/50,000 mile Powertrian Warranty? If yes, I would recommend bringing it in for a proper diagnosis and service.

There are various possible causes for an issue like this. One is a faulty fuel purge valve. It would be best to have this correctly diagnosed.

Quick question; When fueling, do you repeatedly try to put more fuel into the tank after it first clicks off? If yes, stop doing that. It is harmful to the evaporative recovery system, and can lead to problems like this.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tj. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Club and sorry to hear you are having issues.

Is your 2018 Fusion still within the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty or 5 year/50,000 mile Powertrian Warranty? If yes, I would recommend bringing it in for a proper diagnosis and service.

There are various possible causes for an issue like this. One is a faulty fuel purge valve. It would be best to have this correctly diagnosed.

Quick question; When fueling, do you repeatedly try to put more fuel into the tank after it first clicks off? If yes, stop doing that. It is harmful to the evaporatvie recovery system, and can lead to problems like this.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thanks for the welcome. It is not within any warranty. Nearly 100k on it now as it’s my commuter. I only put fuel into it to the nearest $.50 when I pump but I normally go to full service pumps. So that’s rare. I’ll be making an appointment with the local Ford dealer I guess. They always seem to be ridiculously priced for service though. Thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts