FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Friday evening, my wife and I were out in the car. It was raining. We had stopped at a store and everything was working. When we got back into the car, I first noticed that the windshield wipers were not working. I tried them multiple times and found they only came on at full blast (highest speed). Then I noticed that my turn signals were not working, and then the dimmer was not working. I finally deduced that NOTHING was working on the steering wheel controls. None of the buttons on either side of the horn as well.

I did several searches on google and one led me to a Reddit post about pulling a 7.5 amp fuse (#13) for ten seconds and replacing it should work. Well, it didn't. I can't find anything on YouTube as well. Any suggestions here??

The car has appox. 53,000 miles on it. We bought it used about 3 months ago.

·
Administrator
6,112 Posts
This past Friday evening, my wife and I were out in the car. It was raining. We had stopped at a store and everything was working. When we got back into the car, I first noticed that the windshield wipers were not working. I tried them multiple times and found they only came on at full blast (highest speed). Then I noticed that my turn signals were not working, and then the dimmer was not working. I finally deduced that NOTHING was working on the steering wheel controls. None of the buttons on either side of the horn as well.

I did several searches on google and one led me to a Reddit post about pulling a 7.5 amp fuse (#13) for ten seconds and replacing it should work. Well, it didn't. I can't find anything on YouTube as well. Any suggestions here??

The car has appox. 53,000 miles on it. We bought it used about 3 months ago.
Hi MS. The first thing I would recommend would be to check the fuses related to the inoperative accessories. The fuse diagrams and lists are in your Owners Manual. Check the Index under "Fuses" for the correct pafges in your copy.

If it is not the fuses, you may need to have it looked at professionally, either by a Ford Dealer or an independent shop/tech that you trust.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not see any fuses that had gone bad. (Especially not everything on the steering wheel at once). I am leaning on the fact that it may be the airbag Clock Spring. Everything I am reading says that all of those components plug into the Airbag Clock Spring and that if that unit goes bad, everything is done. Has anyone experienced this???

It doesn't look too difficult to replace. The hardest part is removing the airbag. I have done this on another vehicle so I am experienced with that.

·
Administrator
6,112 Posts
I did not see any fuses that had gone bad. (Especially not everything on the steering wheel at once). I am leaning on the fact that it may be the airbag Clock Spring. Everything I am reading says that all of those components plug into the Airbag Clock Spring and that if that unit goes bad, everything is done. Has anyone experienced this???

It doesn't look too difficult to replace. The hardest part is removing the airbag. I have done this on another vehicle so I am experienced with that.
Hi MS. It could be the clock-spring. And yes, others have experienced this. Removing and replacing it would be the way to find out.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I'm having same issue. Did replace clock spring but didn't fix it. Also had a shift error pop up at same time. Typically the bushing on the shift rods break but not the case for me ha. I'm going thru all the fuses again now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts