FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have somebody could please help me out I have a 2016 Ford fusion SE 1. 5 L ecobboost, I’m changing the serpentine belt, it appears that this motor for this year there is no stretch belt, has anybody replaced any of these yet is it easier if I go from the top or if I take the wheel off, there seems to be nothing on the Internet of anybody doing one of these, if anybody can help please let me know it looks fairly easy to just do and sneaking around the crankshaft air conditioner and go around through the police but there is only one built there is no stretch belt on here, any help would be great thanks everyone

·
Administrator
6,125 Posts
Hello everyone I have somebody could please help me out I have a 2016 Ford fusion SE 1. 5 L ecobboost, I’m changing the serpentine belt, it appears that this motor for this year there is no stretch belt, has anybody replaced any of these yet is it easier if I go from the top or if I take the wheel off, there seems to be nothing on the Internet of anybody doing one of these, if anybody can help please let me know it looks fairly easy to just do and sneaking around the crankshaft air conditioner and go around through the police but there is only one built there is no stretch belt on here, any help would be great thanks everyone
Hi Don and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. Yes, the 1.5L EcoBoost engine has one drive belt. There are drive belt diagrams in the Owners Manual. If you don't have your hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

Unfortunately, I can't offer any advice concerning changing it.

Perhaps one of our tech members will jump in with some advice.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK thanks for this, I work on all my own cars I’m really good with the F150 and with the escape, this has been a great car so far the only bad part is like most of these fusions escapes and focuses of the same year the trans gave me problems at about 105,000 miles, so I it rebuilt -
other than that it’s been a great car it has 170,000 miles on it and I change the oil religiously every 10,000 miles, what I do recommend before you take it in to go get the oil change is run about 4 to 6 ounces of sea foam on your way to go get the oil changed just to clean out all the passages in the turbo and gets all the crud out of the oil pan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts