FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Fusion SE 1.5 Ecoboost
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I recently purchases a (new to me) 2015 Fusion SE and while there is a backup camera installed, it doesn't appear on the screen when shifting into reverse. There aren't any messages about the camera being unavailable or anything like that, the screen just continues whatever it was doing before. 4-inch non-touch screen by the way.

I checked the fuse, I checked that the camera was actually connected in the trunk and I tried a new camera. Any suggestions about what I can try next?

·
Super Moderator
5,940 Posts
Hi all!

I recently purchases a (new to me) 2015 Fusion SE and while there is a backup camera installed, it doesn't appear on the screen when shifting into reverse. There aren't any messages about the camera being unavailable or anything like that, the screen just continues whatever it was doing before. 4-inch non-touch screen by the way.

I checked the fuse, I checked that the camera was actually connected in the trunk and I tried a new camera. Any suggestions about what I can try next?
Hi eli. Have you checked your vehicle settings in the Driver Information Center, to be sure the camera is enabled (just in case it can be enabled/disabled)? That is about all I can think of, since you have already checked the fuses, connections, replaced the camera etc.

If you are not sure how to find those settings, look in the Index of your Owners Manual under "Rear View Camera" for the proper pages in your copy. If you do not have your hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

Out of curiosity: With the 4" display, is the rear view camera supposed to display in the display or the rear view mirror?

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response!

I can't find any settings for enabling/disabling the backup camera in the manual, nor in the various menu's in the car.

I'm not 100% sure but I assume its supposed to appear on the screen - the rearview mirror is very basic and has not power/cables leading to it (or anywhere near it).

·
Super Moderator
5,940 Posts
Thank you for your response!

I can't find any settings for enabling/disabling the backup camera in the manual, nor in the various menu's in the car.

I'm not 100% sure but I assume its supposed to appear on the screen - the rearview mirror is very basic and has not power/cables leading to it (or anywhere near it).
Hi eli. Hopefully one of our members with a 2015 SE (or 2014,2016?) and 4" screen will jump in. However, to my knowledge, the 4" screen does not display the back-up camera view. But again, I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found this video review where its shows the camera on the screen.

I'm not sure what else to try.

·
Super Moderator
5,940 Posts
I found this video review where its shows the camera on the screen.

I'm not sure what else to try.
Hi eli. Well...as I said, I could be mistaken. And I certainly was. 🙃

I am not sure where to go from here either. Hopefully one of our tech member may jump in. If not, it may take a service visit to resolve this.

Keep us updated and good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We had to replace the camera module on our 2014 Fusion Hybrid. Initially I thought it was a chaffed wire as I insulated the wire and it began working. Well it went out weeks later.

Replaced the camera module this time and it’s been working for over a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi @jnissen, did your screen say "Camera not available" when you went into reverse or did nothing come up? Did you replace it at the dealership or did you purchase a camera online? If the latter, which one did you purchase?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
It had the error message that camera was not available. Replaced it and it’s been working. The cam module is not cheap and recommended you get a real Ford part. There are lower cost modules out there but I didn’t try one as I heard it can be hit or miss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi @jnissen, did your screen say "Camera not available" when you went into reverse or did nothing come up? Did you replace it at the dealership or did you purchase a camera online? If the latter, which one did you purchase?

Thanks!
What does it mean when the screen says camera not available when you put it in reserve? My Ford Fusion has that message pop up when I put it in reserve and I’m trying to figure out what they means so I can get it fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What does it mean when the screen says camera not available when you put it in reserve? My Ford Fusion has that message pop up when I put it in reserve and I’m trying to figure out what they means so I can get it fixed.
I believe it means you need to replace the camera module.

For me, I never even got the message, it just didn't work. I ended up installing a 3rd party camera and rearview mirror screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe it means you need to replace the camera module.

For me, I never even got the message, it just didn't work. I ended up installing a 3rd party camera and rearview mirror screen.
So I would need to buy a new camera and have someone install it? Do you know where I can buy a camera module?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ford or check EBay. It’s not difficult to replace if you have some basic tools. Watch videos on repair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts