FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the trunk strut TSB installed on my 2013 Titanium. (I think the TSB only applies to vehicles with the spoiler installed...but not sure). Anyway, before getting the TSB done, the trunk simply would not stay open on any kind of incline and you had to make sure it was up all the way before you reached in even on a level surface or it might come down on you...even had it knock me on the head a couple of times because of a light breeze...

After the TSB, the trunk pops open properly and stays open without having to think about it once I raise it to the fully open position. No risk of it coming down on my head anymore. I am very happy to have this issue remedied. I don't know the exact number of the TSB, but you should be able to ask your dealer's service department about it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the trunk on my 2012 SEL with OEM wing does the same thing but the first time, the dealer just gave me new trunk struts. A few months later it barely opens again but this time they said there is nothing wrong and the trunk opens as intended.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is actually a TSB for the 2013 cars with the spoiler because of the way the trunk is designed. The standard torsion springs do not hold the trunk adequately with the added spoiler weight. There is a beefier torsion spring assembly called out by the TSB and when it is installed properly, there is a completely different behavior in terms of the trunk opening and staying open.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had mine replaced, still sucks. I remember having 2-3 cases of paper in my trunk and was parked on a very minor incline and the trunk kept falling on my head. I'm eventually going to go out and look for some actual struts. They currently use a torsion bar setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.