FordFusionClub.com banner

2013 SE chrome window trim?

12K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  shiver905 
#1 ·
So I've been trying to figure this out since before my car even came in... What option determines the chrome trim around the windows on a 2013 fusion? I was told the dual exhaust isn't available on the 1.6L and you need to go with the 2.0L for that. I've seen 2.0L with just the bottom chrome window trim so its not the motor option. I've see SE's online with the luxury or appearance package go either way (just bottom or all the way around). I can't figure it out. My bro is a sales man at the local dealership and one day we were talking and he said he thought it was only chrome all the way around on the Ti. He was wrong. My SE has chrome all the way around. I got SE, 2.0L, luxury package, rear sensing system, black gloss wheels. I'm glad I got the full chrome trim, just curious as to why.

#3 ·
I was thinking that too but like I said, I've seen pics online of others with the luxury package that didn't have the chrome top piece. Maybe the car in the pics I was looking at was just a visual representation and not the actual car they were describing.

#5 ·
Not sure why I didn't try this before... weeks spent looking up pics and trying to find the answer and I never thought of going to fords build and price site and trying to build it different ways. Putting the luxury package on definitely adds the upper chrome trim.

#7 ·
Neither did my bro the salesman or anyone else at the dealership. They all thought full chrome was only on the Ti. The hadn't had any fusions with the luxury package until mine came in. There's were all either the Ti or had the appearance package. I definitely like the luxury package. Nothing wrong with the appearance package but those heated seats are key in the winters here in PA. Plus that's the only way to get the black rims and I fell for them the first time I saw them. They look awesome with the sterling grey. I still look out my window twice a day to admire the beauty. Lol.

#8 ·
^^^Yeah, same here... Went out of my way to get luxury package (the dealer I bought from had to do a dealer trade w/ a store almost 200 miles away in another state). Mostly I wanted leather, and I know that's largely a preference thing as many of my friends despise leather seats in cars. The heated seats are a really nice bonus. I got the 2.0T SE w/ Luxury package. I wish I had a rear spoiler, but not a huge deal for me.

#10 ·
Unless you're referring to something completely different, my 2014 1.5L SE has the chrome trim all the way around. I wish that there was a comprehensive list of what's an "option" and what is "standard" on these cars because it gets so overwhelming. The dealer I bought my car at had over 150 Fusions on the lot and I ended up picking what car I thought "looked best" for the best deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.