FordFusionClub.com banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Checked out that other thread and don't see any photo's. Can anybody post it on here? I'm curious how dark the charcoal is vs the smoked.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the direct links GP. After making an account over there I could view them.

I think I'd get smoked myself. Looks like a lot of people are going with the charcoal. I've heard stories about people getting in car accidents because their tail lights where too dark to see break lights. How true this is or not I'm sure police would favor on their side. Anybody else on the fence about doing this?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for the direct links GP. After making an account over there I could view them.

I think I'd get smoked myself. Looks like a lot of people are going with the charcoal. I've heard stories about people getting in car accidents because their tail lights where too dark to see break lights. How true this is or not I'm sure police would favor on their side. Anybody else on the fence about doing this?
As this could be a valid and true statement in most cases. My own experience (before I go on), I expect a Mod to say something here about this relating to safety issues.

I tinted the tail lights on my Mustang years ago, very dark. I haven't had someone rear end me yet. Not saying it won't happen, but tinting your tail lights would be considered an "illegal" modification, therefore the possibility of an accident is greater to an extent. Do what you want to do and consequences will follow. Plain and simple...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree that it is a safety risk to being rear ended during a sunny day, but in my case the brake lights are not covered at all as I do not have a titanium model and the part I covered are just reflectors .

I would have covered the whole thing but not much happens where I live and the police are a little bored so they look for any reason to make their day a little better and yours a lot worse

·
Registered
58 Posts
but in my case the brake lights are not covered at all as I do not have a titanium model and the part I covered are just reflectors .
Good point. Just ordered mine. Been wanting to work on something with my car. Been 3 weeks since my last mod. Going through withdrawl.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hear ya, ever since I have finished the tails I have been thinking daily of something to do....post some pics here or at 2g when done with yours.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ordered today, will post pics eventually... :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
What shade did you decide to go with?
Charcoal - all that red in the rear needs to go! :D

Gonna do a 'classy' blackout on the car - dark tints (window/lights), pdip here and there (grill - one of these days!).

·
Registered
58 Posts
I recieved mine in the mail two days ago. Haven't had a chance to do yet but if the weather holds out tonight I can mabye get it done. I ordered smoked. Will post photo's once I get around to doing it!

61 - 76 of 76 Posts