FordFusionClub.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Your 2013 A6
2.0 TFSI® Premium Plus: Eight-speed Tiptronic® automatic transmission with quattro® all-wheel drive
Price as Built* $ 50,445

Someone was saying that you could get a premium car for the same price as a Fusion, I am pointing out that the prices of the two would be nowhere near each other. Just by adding the blind spot option and the rear airbags (both come with the top of the line Fusion IIRC) the total is as above. You can not have similar options and even close on prices of the two.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Your 2013 A6
2.0 TFSI® Premium Plus: Eight-speed Tiptronic® automatic transmission with quattro® all-wheel drive
Price as Built* $ 50,445

Yall wanted to say that you could get a premium car for the same price as a Fusion, I am pointing out that the prices of the two would be nowhere near each other. Just by adding the blind spot option and the rear airbags (both come with the top of the line Fusion IIRC) the total is as above. You can not have similar options and even close on prices of the two.
That's where I'm getting lost, I guess. I've never stated that they could be had for the same price, but some are pretty close: G37, ES350, ATS/CTS, base 3 series (good luck finding one with no options....), A4, TL, MKZ, C-Class, S60 or even a Genesis sedan.

It all depends on what one is looking for. Plus, let's face it, there's plenty to be liked about a Fusion that stickers for "just" $28-30k, as well.

Is the dealer experience worth it? To me, not really. I hope I don't have to spend much time at the dealer either buying the car or having it serviced, but to some they want to be pampered. Is the status of a badge worth the extra money for a car with less features? To some, sure.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
I've never received bad service at a Ford dealership. It's just not the same as with a luxury brand. Honestly, the worst thing about the dealerships out here, even the ones in affluent areas, is the fellow customers. The service lobby is a pretty scary place, LMAO.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Although I've contributed, I don't really see the relevance of the conversation about a $50k A6 anyways. That's a big jump from a $35k Fusion.

I'm loving the new Titaniums that are being posted by new members. Possibly the best looking sedans out there for less than $50k, IMO. If I had $35k to spend, would I buy one? Doubtful. Then again, it's hard for me to imagine spending that sort of coin on ANY car. :lol:
it was stated that a 50k audi a6 had less options and was less powerful then the fusion, when a 50k a6 clearly has more power. only reason i brought it up. the 2.0t a6 can be had for ~$46k, with the the big wheels which add almost 3k on top of the price.

Your 2013 A6
Price as Built* $ 50,445

Someone was saying that you could get a premium car for the same price as a Fusion, I am pointing out that the prices of the two would be nowhere near each other. Just by adding the blind spot option and the rear airbags (both come with the top of the line Fusion IIRC) the total is as above. You can not have similar options and even close on prices of the two.
dude its a matter of opinion. your taking this personally. sitting down and going option for option comparing cars and value is a pissing contest. thats my whole point from the beginning. obviously you would prefer the fusion and are comfortable with the price tag, myself and other included as mentioned in this thread, dont feel the price tag justifies the car. neither of us is right or wrong. your buying a focus st. thats great. i think its a nice car and def a step in the right direction for ford. would i pay the price for it? no, if i was in the market for something like that, i would be looking at the new wrx or the new scion frs. all opinion and preference.

Hell, the only reason i bought my fusion is because of the price i paid for it. do i like the car, sure. do i love it? no. but its a fun car to get around in every day, good on gas, and it was a brand new car that i got for under $15k.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
the new fusions are nice, but not $36k nice. i think theres much nicer cars in that price range. but thats just my opinion.
For $36k, you can get an Infiniti G sedan, a bit more for a fully loaded Maxima Sedan, an Acura TL, a Lexus ES/IS series, an Audi A3/A4/A5, Cadillac CTS/ATS/STS...
ive seen it in person, and dont get me wrong its a really nice car. but at the end of the day, for what your paying for a fusion and you could be in a cts or an audi for a bit more like you said. doesnt make sense to me.
Kenny, this is what was said. They didn't say anything about comparable features, etc. Nothing about "similar" anything except price. You're the only one barking up that tree:

As for the Fusion, your not even looking at what you get with it. Your getting way more than a BMW would ever offer at that price point
:dur: Again, look at the features.
In other words, drop the defensive BS. I think 90% of the general population would say that's a lot to spend on the Fusion. Who gives a fuck? Nobody said you could get a "similar" Audi, they said you could get "an" Audi for that money, which is factual.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Sorry I didn't realize that we could make gross comparisons like that then. Shit for this price I could buy 6,800 bags of dove chocolate! Who would buy the car when you could have all that chocolate instead, how stupid!
I know, right? What sort of fucking dumbass would consider what other cars they could buy for the same amount of money? Seriously, exploring their options? Idiots!

As usual, you submit by default by bringing up totally asinine, irrelevant arguments to redirect attention from what an ass you can be.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am not taking anything personally, I am pointing out where people are wrong. Saying you could get a similar Audi for the price of the same Fusion was a lie, I proved it and now your trying to say I am taking it personally because I am using facts?
how is an opinion wrong? lol. so let me summarize what youve said in this thread. due to the fact that i wouldnt pay $36k for a fusion, im poor. Also, because i have an opinion or preference how to spend my money or how i value certain cars, im wrong. well now, this has been a real eye opener.

At least im not the only person seeing this.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts

Obviously no one here is intrested in fair comparasons. Oh and btw, way to twist what I said about the money. I never called anyone poor asshole, and I already said that I was wrong to say the price thing in the first place, so you can kindly take that comment and fuck off. I am done. (And yes I did take that last one personally)

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Obviously no one here is intrested in fair comparasons.
:lol:

Yeah, it's really unfair to compare Car A that you can get for $35k and Car B that also sells for $35k or slightly more. Seriously unfair.

So when YOU are shopping for something, you don't stop to consider what else you could get for the same money? If a restaurant had a gourmet burger for $20 and a NY strip for $22, would you not consider the steak because that would be "unfair" to the burger?

(A little lesson: the above comparison is actually valid as I'm comparing two items of food, not a car vs. chocolate.)

You've managed to ruin this thread by misconstruing and making up arguments and failing to directly address any counterpoints (probably because you can't). Good job, Kenneh. You're lucky you're often still useful and helpful, or else you'd be long gone from this forum.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.