FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently did a bunch of lighting upgrades to the front of my car. LEDs for low beams and fogs, as well as DRL fog light bezels with turn signal from drivebright.com. Me and a buddy did the work, spent ~5hrs doing it all (mostly going back and redoing some parts after rushing ahead before actually being done) and by the time it was all done I realized I now have some weird hyperflashing.

When I activate the left turn signal, from the outside everything looks normal. Nice slow normal flash. Same for the right signal. But sitting in the driver's seat, the dash panel indicators are flashing at double the rate. Assuming to indicate a burnt out bulb since the lower power draw of the LEDs. No warnings other than the hyperflash. Now, if I activate the hazards/4-ways, there is no hyperflash on either the exterior or the interior dash.

If it didn't take an hour or better to remove the front bumper and headlight assemblies, I'd consider switching back to the incandescent lights to verify it's the problem. Has anyone done this before, and/or what do I need to do to resolve it? Again, from the exterior everything is normal, so really it's just a huge annoyance to me as the blinker noise is loud to begin with. Now that it flashes at double rate, it's even more annoying.

Also, the replacement light says that it does have a built in load resistor, so I'm confused as to why there is any hyperflashing at all.

The LEDs I used for the signal light were off Amazon, called 'Alla Lighting Amber Yellow T10 Wedge'.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hello all, I recently did a bunch of lighting upgrades to the front of my car. LEDs for low beams and fogs, as well as DRL fog light bezels with turn signal from drivebright.com. Me and a buddy did the work, spent ~5hrs doing it all (mostly going back and redoing some parts after rushing ahead before actually being done) and by the time it was all done I realized I now have some weird hyperflashing.

When I activate the left turn signal, from the outside everything looks normal. Nice slow normal flash. Same for the right signal. But sitting in the driver's seat, the dash panel indicators are flashing at double the rate. Assuming to indicate a burnt out bulb since the lower power draw of the LEDs. No warnings other than the hyperflash. Now, if I activate the hazards/4-ways, there is no hyperflash on either the exterior or the interior dash.

If it didn't take an hour or better to remove the front bumper and headlight assemblies, I'd consider switching back to the incandescent lights to verify it's the problem. Has anyone done this before, and/or what do I need to do to resolve it? Again, from the exterior everything is normal, so really it's just a huge annoyance to me as the blinker noise is loud to begin with. Now that it flashes at double rate, it's even more annoying.

Also, the replacement light says that it does have a built in load resistor, so I'm confused as to why there is any hyperflashing at all.

The LEDs I used for the signal light were off Amazon, called 'Alla Lighting Amber Yellow T10 Wedge'.
I bet their ad said it was a built in "current" resistor, not a "load" resistor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts