FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just purchased a used 2013 fusion titanium and noticed that my tail lights on the trunk portion do not work. It is both sides. Any ideas why? I am thinking electrical because both are out.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All,
Upon further examination of the tail lights, it looks like only 1 LED light is lit on the outside tail light near the fender. I have it scheduled for service on Tuesday. If anyone has any ideas why the tail lights are not working or if they experienced this issue before, please reply.

Thank you

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you know if it has been wrecked? If so then the trunk lid could have been replaced and come off of a S or SE model where they dont light up on the trunk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carfax says no but anything is possible. It is at the dealership now. I thought I might k ow something but I don't because 3 of technicians went home sick. I won't what the problem is until tomorrow at the earliest. As stated in the previous post only the side marker lamps are working no part of the tail light is illuminated.
Thanks for your suggestion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2013 Fusion Titanium. The red led section on my driver's side tail light (not on the trunk lid) is not lighting. The brake and direction lights work fine.

I'm going to end up buying a new tail light assembly since my Fusion has over 50K (50,125 miles) and is 3 years old. $260 dollars for a tail light assembly vice $8.50 for a bulb. :(

Anyone else have an issue with the tail lights not lighting/working properly?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry for off topic but curious, why do ford fusion threads end up listing in the mazda3 forum? I actually searched to see if there was some relation, knowing full well Ford no longer has a hand in Mazda.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a good question. IT appears I'm the only person who has a malfunctioning LED issue with my tail light (on the rear quarter of the car...not the trunk lid).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts