FordFusionClub.com banner
161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
To end the argument, which has been entertaining...

·
Registered
140 Posts
this. thread. is. completely. worthless. now.

and should be cleaned up, and locked, for what useful information it HAD previously.

my $0.02.

it got crapped all over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm going to start a new thread as I tackle the PnP setup. Will take pics and post links of the kit that I've successfully used on many vehicles in the past. As I understand the new fusions are tricky so we shall see!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know thisis a dead old thread but has there been any definite answers yet to make a flawless HID setup? Do adding HIDs to fog lights also have issues?

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Retrofit = flawless setup.

Do you put propane in car tires or air?
Do you put HIDs in halogen projectors?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Retrofit = flawless setup.

Do you put propane in car tires or air?
Do you put HIDs in halogen projectors?
I know a retro would be better as I have FXR with a clear 3" lens in my raptor headlights but I was trying not to spend too much money and just get some better output. But its looking like I may be better just going with some "whiter" bulbs and maybe a H9 setup in the lows. Its the wife's car so it needs to be a reliable setup...

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Nice. I too have the fx-r in my truck. Good projector. Less streaky than the evox-r on my fusion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to post up some info on my HID install for my lows and fogs I did this weekend on my 2013 Fusion.

Getting to the bulbs is not that easy. The manual actually tells you to have your dealer replace you low beam bulbs for you. The manual actually tells you to see the dealer to replace nearly every bulb in the car. :undecided:

I went with 55w 6k for my lows and 35w 6k for my fogs.

A few notes:

1 - I needed a relay harness for my low beams. My lows would not come on at all when the car was on. They did work fine if the engine was off. But as soon as I started the engine they would go out. I did not need a relay harness for the fog lights.

2 - I removed all the easily accessible bolts that were holding the headlamp. It allows you to move around the headlamp a bit to make reaching in for the bulb a bit easier.

3 - While installing the driver side fog was very easy, the passenger side is a PITA. The windshield washer fluid tank is right behind the light. So you need to reach under and up to get to the bulb. Putting the HID bulb in and tightening was a PITA. I ended up getting it in place and then used some pliers with tape on the end (to not damage the wiring) to tighten it.

My parking lights are super yellow in comparison. So I just orders some LED bulbs off of ebay for about $7. The parking light bulb size is: W5W

I'll try to get a pic soon to post it up here. 😁
You said you did need a relay harness for your low beams to work? Any ideas on the high beams? Im in the midst of upgrading my halogens to all LED and need some extra info. Thanks in advance!

161 - 174 of 174 Posts