FordFusionClub.com banner
141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
but isnt it the same power output as halogen?
Hi lcaulford.:biggrin: No, it is not that simple. The systems are designed, engineered and manufactured differently. It is why there are always issues in the vast majority of cases.

Your problems are just more proof of this incompatibility. Your system never worked right in the first place. What more proof do we need?

Not trying to beat you over the head with this, so whatever you decide to do, good luck.

·
Registered
835 Posts
well my driver side on wont come on. i plugged oem bulb in and it worked , so i tried replacing relay still didnt light up, used different ballast still not working tried new bulb still not lighting up i tried new grounds and checked the power input theyre all good. im stumped does anyone have any suggestions
Uhm, please explain your relay configuration, even though it's obvious you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Sorry for being rude (I'm actually not sorry) but you know NOTHING about the lighting system & how you've hooked it up, you don't care about other drivers, and now it's not working.

Do you know why it's not working? No? Use a multimeter. You can easily check your relay harness by testing power at both the relay socket and the output to the ballasts with a multimeter. It's either your bulbs, ballasts, or relays. You obviously haven't checked everything if your halogen bulbs still work - something is wrong (thankfully) which means you can't continue driving around with a 75w pnp kit (thankfully, once again)

I'm going to leave this post here because it irritates me. Use halogens.

i just ordered a 75w 5000k kit heres my perspective FUCK what you think and fuck whomever is looking into my headlights these are for my benifit not anyone elses . there not meant to look good .

@bbf2530 the kit im using is off of a 13 f150 i bought everything from the dealer with the exception of the connectors i had to get since the sockets are different. @ticholas the power is straight from battery and the signal comes from each seperate headlight harness , they use to not light up sometimes and id have to cycle it off n on again but now the one wont come on at all
What exactly did you buy from a dealer? FYI, the 2013 F150's use D3S ballasts and bulbs...

·
Registered
835 Posts
So you have D3S rebased bulbs? The thing is, D3S ballasts only work with D3S bulbs. They have an external ignitor (part of the bulb, making them more expensive.) Unless your bulbs look like this, you aren't using the D3S ballasts that come with 2013 F150s.

The one in the top right is the bulb/ignitor.

So wait - which headlight socket did you replace? One on the harness? I'm interested to know what kind of harness you have that receives power from both headlights, that's definitely not common.

If you want to know why aftermarket HIDs don't work - great, look at the pictures of the 2013 output posted in here. The output is awful, considering it's a halogen projector and you're sticking in bulbs that are completely different :(

·
Registered
835 Posts
Can you please find me a link? Or show me a picture? I've never heard or seen a D3S -> AMP adapter.

·
Registered
835 Posts
there is no such thing as a "halogen projector" and a "hid projector" open the headlight there is NOTHING different about them a projector is nothing but a piece of glass with a metal cut off bar behind iit . do you even know what your talking about
LOLOL
ARE YOU SERIOUS. Are you trolling? Or are you seriously not aware?

A projector is a LENS (and lens holder) - a bowl (usually anondized or a chrome finish.. you know, the reflective part) - a cutoff shield - and if it's a bixenon projector, a solenoid that pulls/pushes the cutoff shield.

There's a lot more that goes into it than you think. Please visit: www.hidplanet.com & educate yourself on it.
Halogen projectors & HID projectors vary greatly. HID projectors are wider (larger) and the bowl is designed for the two hotspots in a HID bulb, as compared to halogen projectors for one focal point (the filament) - this basic reason is why hid bulbs royally suck in reflectors & projectors designed for halogen.

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
if you dont believe me go call your dealer say you need a headlight for a 13 f150 with halogens theyll give you part number 13008 then call a different dealer tell them you need one for a 13 f150 with hids theyll give you 13008 theyre the same there is no difference ... COME AT ME BRO
Hi lcaulford. You may have had HID's on cars for 6 years, but you are the one with HID's on a Fusion which do not work properly and have not worked properly from day one according to your own words. Electrical systems on vehicles vary, whether you understand that fact or not. You came here asking for advice, so be polite and do not tell people to "stfu". You have received your warning.

EDIT - And installing any HID kit, factory or aftermarket, into a vehicle which came equipped with a halogen lighting system from the factory is illegal in all 50 states, Canada and Europe. This has been covered here many times and is easily verifiable. Will you get pulled over for doing it in most cases? Probably not, but it is still illegal and not legal in your state.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
im sorry i made a mistake by pinching the socket thing when closing the hood so it shorted out , i replaced the piece and all works fine no flickers and they fire everytime. thanks for the opinions but mississippi law has nothing against hids only that your headlights have to be white and have to be seen from 100 yards away. even our fire trucks tow trucks and a few officers use hids but anyway problem solved thank you

Hi lcaulford. This is not a debatable question. It is Federal Law. Installing HID headlights in a vehicle which was not equipped with HID's from the factory is illegal in the entire U.S., Canada, Europe etc.. It is tampering with Federally mandated safety equipment. So again, does this mean your local cops will pull you over for it? No, not likely unless someone installs ridiculously colored bulbs. However, it is still illegal.

And the "stfu thing" has nothing to do with who I or anyone else may be. We are a friendly and informative group here, so it has to do with being polite to everyone. So apology accepted and let's move on.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Hi lcaulford. This is not a debatable question. It is Federal Law. Installing HID headlights in a vehicle which was not equipped with HID's from the factory is illegal in the entire U.S., Canada, Europe etc.. It is tampering with Federally mandated safety equipment. So again, does this mean your local cops will pull you over for it? No, not likely unless someone installs ridiculously colored bulbs. However, it is still illegal.

And the "stfu thing" has nothing to do with who I or anyone else may be. We are a friendly and informative group here, so it has to do with being polite to everyone. So apology accepted and let's move on.

Good luck.
Quoted so it's on this page and doesnt get overlooked.

If this is your first forum then why are you trying to prove everyone wrong?
We are all here to help.

bbf is a very wise person and all he is trying to do it help you.
Dont attack people when you post something wrong and claim it is right.
Do your research.

·
Registered
835 Posts
if you dont believe me go call your dealer say you need a headlight for a 13 f150 with halogens theyll give you part number 13008 then call a different dealer tell them you need one for a 13 f150 with hids theyll give you 13008 theyre the same there is no difference ... COME AT ME BRO
13008 is just the general category for their headlamps.

There are different suffixes for them, depending on driver/passenger side & the color.

Here are the part numbers for the new OEM HID Headlights:
Chrome:
DL3Z-13008-AB
DL3Z-13008-AC
Dark FX2, FX4, Raptors:
DL3Z-13008-BB
DL3Z-13008-CB

I can't find the prefix/suffixes for the halogen output because I don't have specifics.

They aren't the same, though.

If you go here - HERE you will see the diagram on the left for a halogen headlight. The diagram shows serviceable parts (which a projector is not one). Notice how it's different from this one - a 2013 HID housing. The latter shows a different bulb, different retaining clip, a ballast, and even the cable from the ballast to the bulb.

I don't know why you're so hostile towards me - Honestly, I'm just trying to help you understand that there's a better way of doing things than you are. Those are simple D2S-AMP adapters (I have some, actually) but I'm still not sure how you're using D3S ballasts to power up the AMP bulbs considering there's no igniter for AMP bulbs... and D3S ballasts don't have one..

·
Registered
835 Posts
@wireless that was not a thought or opinion that was a fact the f150 healight part number is 13008 for the left and it is the same halogen or hid
I'm done trying to explain it to you. I'm going to leave it with this - First off, halogen projectors and HID projectors are not the same. Period.

Second - I think you actually completely ignored everything I just posted.

Third - I'm actually going to block you because I don't want to bother trying to help someone who doesn't actually want help. I'm here to help you & provide you with information and get help with stuff I need, not argue. It seems like you only want to do the latter.

Good day, lcaulford.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
This thread is full of lulz.

Why would they call it a halogen projector or HID projector if it's the same thing? Why not just called it a haloID projector? The fact is, there are big differences. Much of it is how the projector itself is built around the bulb. For example, the focal points of a halogen and HID bulb are completely different. Thus, you now have hot spots and/or an erratic beam pattern.

You clearly have zero knowledge of lighting systems. Hence why you're using a 75w PnP system in your car. Read the facts before you start spewing your ignorance everywhere.

Generally I wouldn't say this, but because of your ignorance, I hope you fry your entire electrical system.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Obviously not buddy...
You are just trying to prove you are right when you obviously are wrong.

Just see the difference...
HID bulb in halogen projector

HID bulb in HID projector

Why does the output look different if they are the same thing according to you?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
It's not an F150, it is a ford fusion.
All I am trying to demonstrate is that throwing HIDs in halogen projectors is not correct and I doubt Ford would do that. Showing what a HID projector looks like compared to it, I would think you would understand that there is a difference...

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
you dingaling thats a picture of a highbeam hid with no projector vs a highbeam hid with projector
wow... you have no idea what you are talking about...

whered you get the picture from so i can see the real describtion
I took both of those pictures... they were of my previous vehicle...
It was a 2011 Ford Fusion

You can probably look in my Fusion mod thread and find them both there...

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Here you go, it says they are the same part number 13008 but. Here are 2 links they have the same part number for the headlight but that doesnt mean it is the same internals.

They make it the same part number so it is easy to find.
Think about it... you have the 1 part number for the headlight assembly.
Then you figure out which one you want, depends on which trim level you have and all of that.
Much easier than having a different part number for everything...

Halogen
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=pCTx7hH5HuL%2ba1phN8Fu8Q%3d%3d&id=231615025&m=2&search=true&year=2013&make=Ford&model=F-150

HID
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=BbbWaDETcaJBLjcMivJDFg%3d%3d&id=232518015&m=2&search=true&year=2013&make=Ford&model=F-150

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
but its still the same headlight housing and same projector , only one package contains the ballast and bulb and the other is halogen bulb , its the same projector in the same housing . im done . i see all these parts everyday . you dont , it irrelevant because i dont own a f150 and this argument had nothing to do with my original question . you think you know everything because you can looks at pictures online . well im seeing this shit in person. yes alot of projectors are different your right about that but you can put whatever bulb you like into what ever headlight you want and it will never effect whether or not the bulb illuminates. aftermarket prjectors oem projectors bmw projectors ford projectors there all different but it has nothing to do with which bulb you put in it , no matter what bulb is in it the cut off will stay the same .
No... it is not the same projector...
If it was the same projector they wouldnt have to specify if it is HID or not.
If they are all of the same then why is the HID headlight 2-3 times the price?
Obviously something is different...
Come on man just think about it.
Why would they have specify it in the description if they are all the same.
This is just common sense. I dont act like I know everything, I am just trying to get you to see what everyone else is seeing.
Just think... Please.

141 - 160 of 174 Posts