FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the wrench light came on for the first time. Its got 120,000 miles with no problems and lifetime mpg average of just under 46 mpg. It's been a great car. Anyone had the wrench light come on and what was the problem?

·
Administrator
6,151 Posts
Today the wrench light came on for the first time. Its got 120,000 miles with no problems and lifetime mpg average of just under 46 mpg. It's been a great car. Anyone had the wrench light come on and what was the problem?
Hi coolingtowerguy and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. The "wrench light" can mean many things. And there is not practical way to blind Internet diagnose it. It could be anything from a false alarm, to something more serious where the vehicle should not be driven.

I would also recommend you check your Owners Manual for the wrench light explanation. If you do not have your hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

Ultimately, your best course of action would be to take it to a big box auto store like AutoZone, O'Reilly's etc, where they will scan your vehicle for any stored DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) for free. That may help give you some idea. Then it would still be best to have the vehicle checked by a Ford Dealer or independent shop you trust that has Hybrid vehicle experience.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Administrator
6,151 Posts
Thank you for your reply. The wrench light indicates drive train issues. I'll dig out my code reader in the morning and see what comes up.
Hi coolingtowerguy. Yes, I was aware of what the wrench light means. I simply thought it would be a better idea for you to use the Owners Manual and check for yourself. ;)

One word of advice: Many non-professional grade code readers are not capable of reading many codes. And although the code readers used by big box auto stores are usually capable of more thorough information than home code readers, even they still are not as capable as the computers used by Ford Dealers and even some large independent shops.

But give it a shot, see what you come up with and post back.

Keep us updated and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts