FordFusionClub.com banner

2013 ford fusion - all errors at the same time

6K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  kthaker 
#1 ·
i have been having some issues with my still new feeling car, it wasnt anything that stopped me driving the car tho.. but today my luck ran out.
i parked my car when i went for a movie (watch Rush if you can, amazing movie) and when i came back and tried to start the car, i was bombarded with all sorts of errors, engine coolant low, engine coolant temperature high, parking assist malfunction and so on..i guess all possible error messages the car can display.
so i still tried to start the car and it wouldnt (i guess some safety feature that prevents car being started when these errors occur) couldnt even get the car in neutral. so finally after trying for some time i called ford roadside assistance. when they came i asked them to disconnect the battery for sometime just to see if that helps, and voila that solved the issue.

i am now worried that this will happen again and planning to carry basic tools so i can disconnect the battery next time i face this...but this is unacceptable...i am going to visit ford dealer with this and follow up why this happened...i just wanted to share this with you guys in case others face this issue..

#3 ·
could be, as i thought i had all the resolved when I disconnected battery and reconnected it, but today while driving i noticed that I cannot switch off media using physical button, if i keep on pressing it enough times eventually it will respond and switch off media...the experience with this car is going from bad to worse fast! :angry:

#4 ·
The whole My Ford Touch system is sketch but idk how that could possibly tie into warning displays...unless all the warnings are on those two screens...
Anyway, Fords do tend to have mediocre electrical systems. For example, the PCM for the memory seats/mirrors/pedals in the Expedition went out. Now the driver's mirror tilts all the way up when you press a memory setting. The control module has been replaced twice. I feel it is a short in the wiring harness, happens more often when it's hot outside.
My sister's '06 Fusion has the airbag light on. I'm fairly certain it is a faulty weight sensor in the passenger's seat, as per the owner's manual, but she's bad with cars so she won't take it in. Not an electrical harness issue.
When my '10 Sport has been sitting in the sun long enough, the rear parking sensors will short out and cause erratic beeping. I just turn them off when it happens and I'm good to go. Still annoying though.

I do not, let me stress the DO NOT part, think that Ford's wiring harnesses would cause an issue like this since they are usually superfluous systems that go haywire with my own experience but you never know. I second it being a bad PCM.

#5 ·
My brother's Expedition needed a new GEM module too... a month later the climate control went out.

My3needsaname, it's common for an old/dying battery to cause the airbag light in Fusions. If it's the stock battery it's definitely overdue for a change.

My driver's side BLIS sensor occasionally thinks it's blocked, and passenger side has a lot of missed cars.

#6 ·
My3needsaname, it's common for an old/dying battery to cause the airbag light in Fusions. If it's the stock battery it's definitely overdue for a change.

My driver's side BLIS sensor occasionally thinks it's blocked, and passenger side has a lot of missed cars.
Good point! Idk how old her battery is. Her cars sits on the driveway A LOT too so you could be on to something. I'll investigate next time I'm at my parent's house.

I think I have the same problem with my BLIS sensor. Lights up at random times sometimes and it always think a car is coming from the left when I'm in reverse. Passenger's side is fine on mine though.

#7 ·
BLIS gives me headache too, it has shows error "BLIS system failed" or something like that couple of times in last 8 months, shutting off car and restarting has always resolved the issue...

as far as other errors are concerned, i am not sure if this MFT related, but i think its software related rather then electrical issue seeing how disconnecting battery for couple of minutes got everything back normal, looked almost like a reboot on PC.
anyway my car is at the dealer now, i have told them the issues i faced, they said they reinstall the whole software, so lets see if that helps

#8 ·
I've had to do that with my car when I go backwards too many times off the USB on my SYNC system. It will just stop playing the sound from any song but keep the timer going. Basically, I shut off the car and then open the door because Fords don't turn off the electrical unless you pop the door. I shut the door and wait a few seconds then start it up and it works fine...as long as I don't go back too many times again lol Luckily I don't have MFT in my '10 and SYNC only controls the media/bluetooth phone/virtual navigation. Which I actually think is perfect.

That was a ramble but the point was I have to reboot the computers when they glitch also. Annoyingly, that comes with a reboot of the drivetrain so I have to pull over and stop for a minute but it works.

Both of our problems seem to be software related which would include SYNC/MFT. Since Microsoft created the program, rebooting is the only way to fix it properly.

#9 · (Edited)
Right, the only thing they could have done differently (besides fixing the bugs) is giving a restart option onscreen, but then Anti-Microsoft people would go "HAH, SEE? IT NEEDS A DEDICATED REBOOT OPTION. MICROSUCKS LOLOL" and they high-five each other and I groan in frustration.

While it does have bugs, you have to consider that all these different systems made by different companies all need to talk to each other. The SYNC module with hardware designed by Ford partners running Microsoft programming needs to be able to communicate equalizer settings to the Sony DSP AND Ford's radio made by whoever (I think the hardware for the headunit is made by Clarion?), etc...

When an intermittent issue occurs like "No audio. Had to shut the engine off and open the door", it's pretty hard to tell WHICH system caused the fault. Did the radio fail to send an ENABLE signal to the DSP? Did the DSP not properly respond to the signal? Did SYNC forget to send an UNMUTE command?

Edit: And fer christs sake, I've got two male cats, one on either side of my computer desk, growling at each other. Why did I agree to watch Prince for my friend?

#10 ·
Right, the only thing they could have done differently (besides fixing the bugs) is giving a restart option onscreen, but then Anti-Microsoft people would go "HAH, SEE? IT NEEDS A DEDICATED REBOOT OPTION. MICROSUCKS LOLOL" and they high-five each other and I groan in frustration.

While it does have bugs, you have to consider that all these different systems made by different companies all need to talk to each other. The SYNC module with hardware designed by Ford partners running Microsoft programming needs to be able to communicate equalizer settings to the Sony DSP AND Ford's radio made by whoever (I think the hardware for the headunit is made by Clarion?), etc...

When an intermittent issue occurs like "No audio. Had to shut the engine off and open the door", it's pretty hard to tell WHICH system caused the fault. Did the radio fail to send an ENABLE signal to the DSP? Did the DSP not properly respond to the signal? Did SYNC forget to send an UNMUTE command?

Edit: And fer christs sake, I've got two male cats, one on either side of my computer desk, growling at each other. Why did I agree to watch Prince for my friend?
Exactly. Which is why it's ridiculously hard for Ford to diagnose and fix MFT. Lolwtf to the cats hahaha that was a hilarious random tidbit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.