FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Fusion Titanium, 2.0L Still waiting for a service appointment, but one of the pieces I found caught by the splash shield has the compressor part number on it. Assuming the two pieces are clutch parts, can't be sure yet but A/C doesn't cool anymore of course. Car has 43k miles and no extended warranty, hoping I can get coverage for a part falling apart like this. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Belt is intact, no wobble on the pulley that my eye and bright light can detect. No holes in the splash shield so that should rule out anything popping up from the road and hitting it. I can post pictures later, but if anyone has any ideas on how it could happen or if it should be covered I would appreciate any feedback.

Should I open a case with Ford first or visit local service dept and pay the bill for the fix first?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures Added

These are the only two pieces I found resting in the splash shield.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Fusion Titanium, 2.0L Still waiting for a service appointment, but one of the pieces I found caught by the splash shield has the compressor part number on it. Assuming the two pieces are clutch parts, can't be sure yet but A/C doesn't cool anymore of course. Car has 43k miles and no extended warranty, hoping I can get coverage for a part falling apart like this. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Belt is intact, no wobble on the pulley that my eye and bright light can detect. No holes in the splash shield so that should rule out anything popping up from the road and hitting it. I can post pictures later, but if anyone has any ideas on how it could happen or if it should be covered I would appreciate any feedback.

Should I open a case with Ford first or visit local service dept and pay the bill for the fix first?
Similar thing happened to me. Clutch fell off completely. After doing some research, it seems to be a common problem with Ford. The tech at the dealership basically said as much. He also told me they now use loctite on the bolts to ensure it doesn't fall off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts